Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the plans for the engine mounts.

Figured I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone. This way I get some solid gusseting, and engine mounts all in one.

The left mount is hard welded, the right mount is two parts. One welded with threaded holes, the other mounted to the engine first, lined up, and then bolted to the welded mount.

This way things look clean.

I was reading the streetfighters article on this swap, and it seems like their plan will work well... but man... all I could think was that it looks chinsey. At least this way everything is machined, smoothed, and neat.

PRINT EDITED OUT OF POST. CONTACT ME FOR INFO!!!

I'm still deciding wether or not to even run the lower side mounts.

The upper rear mounts will be similar to these, but I gotta get the fronts done first so I can line everything up and mount it to get the measurements for the rear.

Also got some work done as far as the swingarm mounts go this weekend.

Here's the basic prints so I don't forget all the measurements. This is the mounts themselves. It would be oriented 90* clockwise of the print and welded into the rear of the frame where the stock mounts were (removed from.).

And these are the sleeves that adapt that mount to run either an R6 or an R1 arm... (or any arm for that matter.)

These get plugged into the hole in the mount, reducing the bore of the pivot hole to the diameter called for depending on the arm. That way I'm not stuck running just one kind of arm... I can run pretty much anything there is out there, given reasonable widths.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
perty slick looking setup.

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks skrooz, and Haelo, I will definitely be taking a lot of pics when the assembly of this thing really gets under way.

I went and bought a hose, some degreaser, some primer and paint (high temp), tack cloths, a spray handle, some red pads, and a buffing set so I can get started with cleaning and painting the motor this week now that I have the basic measurements for the mounts.

I'll try to remember to get pics of that process too.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Fuck'n Hell! That's Brillent. Killer idea bud. Deffinatly beats my hack it up, bubble gum and zip tie it toghther method. LOL. But I'm moving into this realm more, haha. Looking foward to your progress man.

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scrapyard said:
Fuck'n Hell! That's Brillent. Killer idea bud. Deffinatly beats my hack it up, bubble gum and zip tie it toghther method. LOL. But I'm moving into this realm more, haha. Looking foward to your progress man.
Thanks mang. :)

BTW: There's nothing wrong with bubble gum. haha Or zip ties for that matter. (My cage is a VW. Guess what holds that piece of shit together? (Aside from hope...))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts