Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
i liked having CF mags to have displayed on my magazine rack. but i understand completely and this is a great alternative.

thanks for making CF so great :rock:

·
GURU
1,496 Posts
NOICE!!! some good shit on there. you guys are really "keepin it pushin".

Reactions: ab420

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't forget to add some comments on the blog if you feel so inclined :thumbsup:

Also, if you get into any of that social networking / bookmarking stuff, there's a bunch of options for that below each post. :rock: That can really help promote the site / scene / streetfighters to the masses. :thumbsup:

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
im still waiting on my reply email for my password so i can comment.

that v-max is BIG FUCKING TITS!!! fucking amazing

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Will we still be able to get the first 3 magazines in print or will those now be electronic? I've been meaning to get the magazines and a VIP membership but I've already spent all my Christmas money on car parts so I probably won't get to this until March for my B-day. Just curious.

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Very nice AB, now I got to get a lap top or find away to get my PC to the bathroom. Looks nice, good job.:cfrocks:

·
Lazy bastard
1,116 Posts

Mine went into the spam folder.

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
i still have no reply mail, not in the spam folder either :confused:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
This makes me very sad! Damnit. Just about pisses me off tell yah the truth. The mag kicks ass. The solid pring. I love having a mag on the rack. I can def seed how producing a mag isn't financially effective, but a web based mag just isn't the same. Fuckin hell, I hope you gus can find a way to go back into print

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will we still be able to get the first 3 magazines in print or will those now be electronic? I've been meaning to get the magazines and a VIP membership but I've already spent all my Christmas money on car parts so I probably won't get to this until March for my B-day. Just curious.
The first 3 issues are still available for purchase here:
http://www.customfighters.com/shop_new/index.php

Damn, Ab, doin work!
i liked having CF mags to have displayed on my magazine rack. but i understand completely and this is a great alternative.

thanks for making CF so great :rock:
NOICE!!! some good shit on there. you guys are really "keepin it pushin".
Very nice AB, now I got to get a lap top or find away to get my PC to the bathroom. Looks nice, good job.:cfrocks:
Thanks for the good comments, glad ya like it! We have a LOT more in store!

Mine went into the spam folder.
i still have no reply mail, not in the spam folder either :confused:
That's strange, I just tried registering a test account and instantly got the email. Did you try adding customfightersmagazine.com to your email safelist?

I'm looking into some different options now that might help with this...

This makes me very sad! Damnit. Just about pisses me off tell yah the truth. The mag kicks ass. The solid pring. I love having a mag on the rack. I can def seed how producing a mag isn't financially effective, but a web based mag just isn't the same. Fuckin hell, I hope you gus can find a way to go back into print
Unfortunately, the price of printing keeps going up, and so does the shipping, so it was getting so expensive, that it was crushing us. Our #1 goal, is to help the 'fighter scene in North America, and we realized that the magazine was NOT helping.

Here's why: we can reach far more people with an online version, which means we can expose the 'fighter shops to far more people, which means they get more business, which means they can afford to continue advertising with us, which means we can stay in business, and the shops can stay in business, and more people learn about 'fighters.

Personally, I like magazines too, and I loved having our own mag, but we need to always stick to our mission, and that's helping this scene out as much as we possibly can, and unfortunately, that meant killing the magazine. Magazines that have been successful and in business for years, are going out of business everyday, and the ones that are surviving, are shifting online.

What it all comes down to is this: we had almost 15,000 downloads of the 1st issue pdf we put online, and we really didn't try to push that hard at all. On the other hand, we were killing ourselves trying to push the magazine, and couldn't break 10,000.

Meanwhile, CF was spiralling into debt from the cost of the magazines, and working 'round the clock to push ourselves further into debt :doh:

We can't help the scene if we're not in business, so we gotta do what we gotta do to keep the fight alive! :knucks:

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
That's strange, I just tried registering a test account and instantly got the email. Did you try adding customfightersmagazine.com to your email safelist?

I'm looking into some different options now that might help with this...
is there any way you can set it up so we can just use our CF sn and password?

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is there any way you can set it up so we can just use our CF sn and password?
Believe me, we tried like hell, but the only way to do it, was to put it on cf.com, and there were security issues that could potentially let hackers trash everything, so we had to set it up on a different domain to be safe.

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
gotcha.

well still no email and tried re-registering just now and now its telling me that my user name is already registered.

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Im now a registered member thanks to ab.
:cfrocks:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts