Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Fuck'em All

Votes: 7 18.4%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need y'alls input if you please. I've been working on some handlebar designs recently. I'm interested in offering these for sale on a made to order basis. There are still a number of factors to work out and finishing pieces that need to be done. The pics posted below are prototype models, not finished pieces.

First set is the 7&7 clip-on Z bars. These offer 7* of down angle at the grips and 7* of pull back and 3" rise. The clamps will be offered to fit 50mm and 41mm forks to start, but other sizes can be offered as requested. These bars offer 360* of adjutment at the clamp and can also be fliped Left to Right for a desired angle.

I'm also redeveloping the DC Fat Bars. These are a 1 1/8" main tube with 7/8" grip ends. They measure 33" end-end and are absolutley stright across. 0 bend, 0 pull back. I plan to offer them either with integrated risers of desired length, or as a single bar that will fit 1 1/8" MX style risers.

Integrated riser:

Bolt on risers:

Pricing has yet to be set. As I'm still adding up material, machine time, finshing and labor.

Please vote in the poll for which style you prefer, It is multiple choice, and please post any comments or questions. Thanks

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
I duno Scrappy , Im thinking your kinda trying to build a better mouse trap, know what I mean.

Reactions: up2L8

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
I like 'em all. I love the flat style but those 7&7's look mad too. Depending on what bike I end up with and your final pricing (and shipping cost) I may be interested....

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
And with the flat bars I reckon the risers need to be slightly further apart...but that's just me...

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,052 Posts
nice Scraps. you're right on the 3.5 standard and you'd be best to stick with that as it will allow you to sell to a wider range of peoples and bikes.

i build several sets a year for Harleys mostly but here's a few for some inspiration/motivation

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
any idea what the final product will look like? tig welded? stick welded? i know its early but any idea on pricing?

·
10,537 Posts
do your phat bars have any pullback/bend in them ? they are bastard uncomfy if not , throws your wrists at the wrong angle . hear what your saying shift , my biggest worry there too , been welding steel for near 24yrs

·
VP of Daily Operations
7,472 Posts
can i see some results from R&D like stress analysis, xrays on the welds, other helpful info like that? there is alot of liability in making bars so im sure this has gone through ur mind

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
My vote goes to the 7&7 setup. Not sure if I would buy any but that's my vote. Not that it doesn't look good or safe... it's just that I can probably weld up my own.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts