Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my D&D pipe is effing huge and I want to cut it down, but I think I saw something somewhere around here about them being exceptionally loud? So, who wouldnt ride near me if I cut it down?

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
lol...they are damn loud..what's a few more dBs? I think AlbertaF4i cut down a D&D on his F4i. Check with him!

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Ill put in my two cents here-

I have a full D&D, and I cut the pipe down. It is LOUD. It can be heard from quite a long distance. It all comes down to the bike tho. I had a full D&D on my 2000 ZX7R, and did NOT cut the pipe and that bike was way louder. Its up to you, but I say CUT THAT B!TCH!!!!!

·
hack
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats what I wanted to hear, you guys wont hear it where you are anyway ;) it'll give me something to do when the harley guys pull up next to me with their straight pipes

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
You could cut them, then fabricate some sort of baffle to go in. Baffles are fairly simple to make I believe (I have a link floating around somewhere...) and Moose exhaust packing is like $15 at a bike shop... That'll give you the look, but tone things down a bit.

I heard a gixxer 600 bike with a cut down D&D and it honestly was louder than any harley I ever heard. Made me cringe

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
JUst stuff as much of the wadding back in to the pipe as you can, it helps, JOSH my bike isnt too loud is it?

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Joe, I think you take much better care of your bike than the guy with the gixxer that I saw, so I doubt yours is too loud:rock: The gixxer I saw was held together mostly with duct tape, rashed to no end, no plastics... He told me it was for sale for $2500. I'm not sure I would have bought it for $500:nuts:

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
So from a exhaust manufacturers point of view what would be a good size for a cut pipe. I can make them for the factory cut down and packed a bit to lessen the cops factor.

Stainless or Titanium. But I woudl need a size everyone thought woudl be good to go. Its hard to machine up for say 10 different configurations.

Stil I know its all about personalizing your ride.

IS there a standard mid pip diamater that woud be a good place to start.

I poped the header with EXUP of my FZR today and thought I was goign to through my back out.

Fuck it was a heavy son of a bitch for such small diamater pipes!

I got to get Titanium pipes on that bitch just to cut the weight down fuuuuuck!

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Or you could do what I did last summer for a couple days while waiting to cut my pipe down- just pull it off and run open mid pipe. The D&D header has no pre-baffles before the pipe, let me tell you what.....BITCH SOUNDED SICK!!! But I feared for traffic violations...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
heres a HOW TO: pipe cutting by britjoe.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

and for what its worth... i wont ride next to anyone with a D&D pipe, cut down or not. if you got a D&D i'll make it a point to always be in front of you...cuz im deaf enough as it is. thats my :twocents:

i've never heard a cut D&D pipe before...im sure you'll be louder than a harley tho. just pull up to em and hold it on the limiter! BAAAA BA BA BA BA BA BA BAAAAAaaAAa

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Joe, your bike sounds just right. I fired up the ninja today (w00t!!!) and it sounded badass...we'll have video up soon. Joe and I chopped about 6 inches (or more) out of the pipe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts