Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i think iv bitten off more than i can chew :( im trying to fit a 2009 bandit 1250 engine into a gsxr 1100 slingshot frame. the problem in the frame is to narrow at the bottom so the engine wont fit. the original frame has a section the removes. my plan is to cut the frame on the other side so that the frame has two sections that can be removed i made a ruff mdf template to show my idea. ill add some pictures to try and explain my idea better.

my question is if i cut the frame would this make it a lot weaker ? also is there a possibility of the frame bending out of shape when the section is cut ?

the red lines show where i was thinking of cutting. ( the mdf is a ruff template)

sorry if this has been covered before i did use the search with no result :(

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have no helpful suggestions but why are you swapping the engine?

also what do i have to do to get your old engine? ;)
i havnt seen a 1250 engine in many gsxr 1100 frames and i want to turbo it in the future :D frame came without the old engine sorry dude :(

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
i have no helpful suggestions but why are you swapping the engine?

:LolLolLolLol:

3 things came to mind the moment I saw the pics and your question. First off, the engine is EFI instead of carbs, instantly easier to live with daily if you just want to ride without a second thought about it. Second fact of the swap is that it is water cooled, anybody that has sat on a Bandit 1200 or a GSXR1100 in traffic on a hot day knows why they are called an "oil boiler". And the third thing that really underlines the reasoning for a swap like this, for me at least, is that I've never seen it done before and the resulting machine would be a fantastic rider both daily and as a tool for a hooligan sprint through the backroads as well.

Here on CF we should ask the question to ourselves more often of "why not", rather than just "why". :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts