Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I am a motherfucker
1,867 Posts
There's a nice one for sale around me... similarly modded. No clue what the guy wants as I passed it going 50mph, but based on my rubber-necking, it looked pretty awesome.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
so you've got a culmination of about $1,000 in parts. (Most just replacement stock parts)

Which multiples the final selling price? .NAH

by those standards we've got a bunch of $40,000 backyard streetfighters on here

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I think the cafe racer hipsters have killed the market for older honda's... There is no rhyme or reason why older Cb's and the like are going for the money they are. Well in my area atleast. The only thing I can think of is the "new flannel, vintage leather jacket, repo vintage 3/4 bass boat sparkle helmet, chuck T shoe wearing, bandanna around chain side ankle wearing hipsters" are willing to pay for these bikes so they can go profile at the local starbucks without putting in the time to make the bike their's...

/rant....

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
More power to the seller. Good for him if he can find some idiot willing to shell out $9k for a 1980s Honda.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
I think the cafe racer hipsters have killed the market for older honda's... There is no rhyme or reason why older Cb's and the like are going for the money they are. Well in my area atleast. The only thing I can think of is the "new flannel, vintage leather jacket, repo vintage 3/4 bass boat sparkle helmet, chuck T shoe wearing, bandanna around chain side ankle wearing hipsters" are willing to pay for these bikes so they can go profile at the local starbucks without putting in the time to make the bike their's...

/rant....
You forgot about skinny jeans, baby tee's, Brycreem hair-do's and gauntlet bracelets ... :doh:

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Are those not the stock headers?

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
:doh:

When I was a kid a cafe racer or a chop was just that, it was a borderline race bike, or a hand crafted low riding loud piped monster reflection of the owner. It seems cafe's are now faux race bikes, just there to give your ego the bolster it needs to make you feel like you are something special. Function is following form, and it is disconcerting.

A few things stand out about that bike besides the exhaust. The forks slid up into the triples, not sure why they didn't just add some internal spacers and trim the springs, it'll handle different than stock regardless, why not clean it up while your at it? The back of the tank, not pretty at all to expose that mount point. And the rear shock mounts, it's not brain surgery to remove the one on the shifter side, and even easier to remove the stud from the drive side and put a good looking bolt or plug into the hole to reduce the attention drawn to unused mounts.

It's not a bad looking bike, but the details (from a builder perspective) are kind of short of the perfection that was obviously the focus of the build when they went as far as they did.

·
☢
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
his response to the header ?
there is plenty of clearance between the wheel and exhaust headers. I already tried compressing them all the way with no issue-i built 2 exhaust systems-and in order to clear the radiator it has to be positioned right in between radiator and wheel.
thanks
i read through his build on the barnbuildercafe website, I'm not sure english is his first language.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
You forgot to mention the monshock conversion that has a good 12" of stock, unbraced swingarm hanging out back of a lower shock mounting location that was never intended for that swingarm. And a rear drive housing (shaft drive bike) that was originally supported by the shock, now placing all its weight on the 4 small bolts that secure it to the swing arm.

My monoshock conversion is stupidly crude, but not THAT stupid.

Edit - whoops, 3 small bolts for that housing. Its not as beefy as on my 750 I guess. Granted, there are some bikes that bolt the drive housing to the swingarm without running shock to the housing, supporting the weight like this does, but they are a good bit beefier.

"Nothing in the world like this." Except for the thousands of other CX cafe racers out there.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
A generouns offer for that bike is $3,000. a generous offer...
You gotta really be into that "i saw cafe racers on tv" trend to want something like that. instead of something like this...
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67002

even if these 2 bikes were priced evenly. Which one would you pick?

And it's up to 6000 huh. reserve not met.

Well shit ive been sitting on this old kawasaki 440. I think i'll do some chopping here some welding there and up and sell it for $10,000 dollars. You know cuz it's neither rare, valuable, exceptionally performing or particularly sought after.

Just use the word "cafe" and they come running.

·
890 Posts
Haha - relisted due to "eBay not allowing a link to my website"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Other...m2a37afc2bc&item=181322891964#ht_12605wt_2054

More like "I placed a bunch of shill bids and realised I might get caught out"

Seriously, I got offered a free CX500 some years ago and I turned it down. Only bike I have ever been offered for nothing that I didn't take. I still don't regret that decision. Horrid things.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts