Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda 1984 CX500…

And as you can see from the ks on the Speedo fricken awesome…

I love bikes that don’t need any work on the motor shit just happens so fast....
Ultimatly decided on a tracker style bike after a few hours of deliberation with the mate and reason being for the tracker…
OMG look at that disgusting motor what the hell was Honda thinking.
you see our problem....

anyhoo too late to change our minds, its begun.

Untouched apart from washing it down after being dragged out of a shed

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So like I mentioned its begun…and pretty much is almost finished.

The main color is Graphite Gray and with satin black & silver everywhere else.

Pics of it at the moment posted later..

primed...

painted...

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
So like I mentioned its begun…and pretty much is almost finished.

The main color is Graphite Gray and with satin black & silver everywhere else.

Pics of it at the moment posted later..

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Few things left to do but overall this is about it…

Left to do is enduro tyres and rims, rear guard and light, cam covers, seat, polish a couple of things and detail…I think

It’s taken about 3.5 weeks from start to this and would have been finished in 4 if it wasn’t for the funds…tyres mainly.

Replaced…
Rear shocks foot pegs, head light plate/mask, chopped the seat, indicators and paint…

All up less than 300au including the tyres..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great to see the progress pics. Coming along very nicely. Looking forward to seeing the end result. Not a huge fan of the headlight, perhaps a single round might look better. Nice colour, the tank looks great!

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Almost done.....

just a couple more things left to do like polish somethings and detail etc.

·
110 Posts
nice looking build but....put a damn fender on the front. the forks need the bracing the fender provides. hell, cut it down to nothing if you want but your forks will twist like spaghetti if you don't. if not get a fork brace.

And why no rear fender? do just like having shit slung up your back?

C'mon, dude, you did a lot of nice work. make it look finished.

·
Kawaholic
29 Posts
That's looks great man! Love the Graphite Grey! That's the exact same color I was planning on painting my frame this winter. It looks amazing on the entire bike.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
your forks will twist like spaghetti if you don't.
So u really think if the forks are under enough impact to "twist like spaghetti" that the fender save them?

·
Kawaholic
29 Posts
I was thinking the same thing, Dr. J, but I haven't got in the habit of calling out the BS when I see it.

Yet.

Guess it's about time. :fight:

·
110 Posts
the fender mount that is on the underside of the fender acts to stabilize the forks.
Adding a fork stabilizer is the best route but without on you should have a front fender.

It will also keep you from throwing something up into the radiator and stranding you somewhere.

Fenderless may look cool but it is stupid.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
the fender mount that is on the underside of the fender acts to stabilize the forks.
Adding a fork stabilizer is the best route but without on you should have a front fender.

It will also keep you from throwing something up into the radiator and stranding you somewhere.

I'm not arguing the use of a front fender, I'm arguing ur statement that it makes any difference in "bracing" the forks

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Seems pointless to me arguing…

Because for starters I do have a rear mudguard on it (just cant see it in the pic) and also the front guard really only helps regarding tank slap not spaghetti twisting, the axle and or the top tubes would have to bend for it to be that extreme…
Also now, the front guard really wouldn’t stop something like a stick or a rock damaging the radiator if it did it would need to be almost to the ground 99% are not, hence why most MX bikes have radiators high and off to the side and also they don’t have any form of bracing just a mudguard bolted to the bottom of the triple and all of this is pointless becuase its not an MX bike, its a cruiser turned street tracker remember….which now leads to suggesting that its stupid without it please again, don’t you feel that this statement is also a little extreme like the twisting spaghetti….

Sorry but to me eating a cake of soap is stupid.

To show how pointless this truly is…
I’m not going to ever ride it (like many bikes in the past) because its being sold when finished and kind sir, it will be sold with a front guard so I don’t really care about shit being slung at me you get used to it at my age…what the new owner does with the guard is up to them….
Oh, by the way you can’t register a bike in the most poisonous and vicious habitat in the world without one.

pointless....see ;)

·
110 Posts
Seems pointless to me arguing…

Because for starters I do have a rear mudguard on it (just cant see it in the pic) and also the front guard really only helps regarding tank slap not spaghetti twisting, the axle and or the top tubes would have to bend for it to be that extreme…
Also now, the front guard really wouldn’t stop something like a stick or a rock damaging the radiator if it did it would need to be almost to the ground 99% are not, hence why most MX bikes have radiators high and off to the side and also they don’t have any form of bracing just a mudguard bolted to the bottom of the triple and all of this is pointless becuase its not an MX bike, its a cruiser turned street tracker remember….which now leads to suggesting that its stupid without it please again, don’t you feel that this statement is also a little extreme like the twisting spaghetti….

Sorry but to me eating a cake of soap is stupid.

To show how pointless this truly is…
I’m not going to ever ride it (like many bikes in the past) because its being sold when finished and kind sir, it will be sold with a front guard so I don’t really care about shit being slung at me you get used to it at my age…what the new owner does with the guard is up to them….
Oh, by the way you can’t register a bike in the most poisonous and vicious habitat in the world without one.

pointless....see ;)
I gracefully accept your logic and applaud your build. It is a good looking bike and the next owner will surely appreciate your work.

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So anyhoo this is about it…actually it is it cause its for sale so no more will be done

Fricken glad because now I can finish the other project and start on the other 2 or is it 3…no wait, including the rest at ol mates place that’s 7 all up…hmmm.

Before and after…

·
890 Posts
Nice work bro but I see no battery - this thing a runner?

And the other dude is right about the fender being a fork brace. It may not look like much of one, but it adds a lot of stability to the flexi-flyer CX front end.

Tidy stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts