Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the top number plate is removable on the Cyclops headlight or would it need to but cut? Thanks

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
i wouldnt be doing any fast backroads with it, thats for sure! it'll get you home tho.

its a pretty good light....great for the money...and ease of install!

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wouldnt be doing any fast backroads with it, thats for sure! it'll get you home tho.

its a pretty good light....great for the money...and ease of install!

Yeah, that's kinda how my dual H4's are. They're good enough at the speed limit but any more than that and your riding blind. I was out on one of my favorite back roads late last night going well over 100 mph and I was basically looking through the turns in the dark. I know the road well but it was still scary. I was using the lights off the other bikes around me to see far enough ahead. I want lights that are as bright or brighter than stock. Any sugestions??

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
My suggestion is to have a normal headlight plus spotlights angled outward that you can switch on and off. A 10 degree horizontal angle with a set of nice 55W driving lights makes it so much easier to go around corners in the dark.

Supplemental lighting is always going to do you better than replacement lighting. There aren't any lights out there that are going to do everything well.

I personally suggest PIAA driving lights but you can do the job with less $$$.

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My suggestion is to have a normal headlight plus spotlights angled outward that you can switch on and off. A 10 degree horizontal angle with a set of nice 55W driving lights makes it so much easier to go around corners in the dark.

Supplemental lighting is always going to do you better than replacement lighting. There aren't any lights out there that are going to do everything well.

I personally suggest PIAA driving lights but you can do the job with less $$$.
What about MIG lights? I've heard they're worth the money. Got a price of $560 today for everything, brackets, lights, fly screen.. What do you think I can get for the 2 Aztec8 4 inch set-ups I have if I include the brackets. Here's a close up, it a nice set up but I want to be able to ride fast at night.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Yeah, thats so true, if you dont run OEM or HID dont ride at night :speechless:

I run a driving light on the ninja and it lights up the road ALOT. Its just as nice as havin a OEM light on the bike. I only have one setup but you could do two for a high/low beam setup. All you need to do is find a good light, not a cheap $10 fog light garbage

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
My PIAAs are fine at night, I ride along at a pretty strong clip and don't ever feel blind.

Using a combination of a headlight and driving lights is still the best shit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts