Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I am new at building and modifying my bike. I have a Yamaha yzf600r. (no pics yet, sorry) I completely tore it down and now was attempting to put the Acerbis Cyclops on when i realized I have lost the wiring diagram for the headlights. Has anyone got any ideas on what I should do? I already attempted to contact acerbis for another diagram with no response.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but how do I affix them to the wires on my bike? I have a plug that consists of 3 wires, yet on my cyclops I have 6 wires, 3 to each part of the lamp. That is where I am confused

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Learn how to splice wires before getting into your bike's electronics.

You need to cut off the plug that went to your stock lights and use butt connectors (also called crimps, you'll need a crimp tool, they're like $20) to connect the Acerbis wiring to your stock headlight plug, then just plug it back in.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
To use a butt connector:

Cut the wire, then strip about 1/4 inch of insulation off the end. Twist the copper together so it doesn't fray, and put it in one end of the butt connector and squeeze it with the crimp tool. Make sure you can't tug the wires out of the butt connector easily.
Then do it with the wire you want to connect to that one.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
do you have a wiring diagram for the bike??? i may have my diagram from my acerbis somewhere....

mbe i can hook you up if i can find it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know about wiring, I am not a COMPLETE know nothing!!! I just want to know how I get 6 wires spliced into 3!!!! and NOT HOW TO DO IT, but which ones to pair up!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Oh okay
I see what you're saying now

Pair the power wires for the Acerbis (white wires) together but stripping them and wrapping the copper around eachother and push them into the same side of the crimp.

Might have to use yellow crimp but a blue should work if you got steady hands. Crimp the two power wires from the Acerbis bulbs into the same side of the crimp, and then the power wire from the bike into the other side.

If you have to use a yellow (since you're crimping two wires into one side), you can put an extra wire (just a little piece) in to fill it up, or crimp it in and just epoxy the very end (try not to get epoxy inside the crimp, just around the edge to hold the wire steady)

Hope this helps, if you need anything rephrased I'll try. Kinda tired.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Or what is even better, use heatshrink crimps. Once you crimp them use a lighter to heat up the end and it will shrink and seal itself witha goey gel that dries hard so no dirt/water gets inside the connection

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Let me see if I can help here. Cyclops light has 6 wires total. Three blacks (ground for each light), a red, a blue, and a brown. You can connect all three blacks together (method of connecting them is up to you). That takes care of the grounds for all three lights. Now on to each light:
Red wire is for the small "marker" light under the low beam.
Blue wire is for the low beam (larger oval light).
Brown is for the high beam (smaller projector light).
You can connect the red and blue wires together to simplify things. That way when your head light turns on, the small marker light turns on at the same time.
The brown light will get wired into your high beam switch.
If you connect all three blacks together, the blue and the red, then leave the brown on its own; you will have converted your 6 into 3.

I think this is what you were looking for, if not I can go a little deeper into the matter if needs be.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
I could have one that explaination if my cyclops' wiring harness wasn't all chopped up, hah hah.

What Crazy8's idea is what I had to do to get it into my GSXR wiring harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cRaZy8 said:
Let me see if I can help here. Cyclops light has 6 wires total. Three blacks (ground for each light), a red, a blue, and a brown. You can connect all three blacks together (method of connecting them is up to you). That takes care of the grounds for all three lights. Now on to each light:
Red wire is for the small "marker" light under the low beam.
Blue wire is for the low beam (larger oval light).
Brown is for the high beam (smaller projector light).
You can connect the red and blue wires together to simplify things. That way when your head light turns on, the small marker light turns on at the same time.
The brown light will get wired into your high beam switch.
If you connect all three blacks together, the blue and the red, then leave the brown on its own; you will have converted your 6 into 3.

I think this is what you were looking for, if not I can go a little deeper into the matter if needs be.
Exactly what I was looking for! thanks man!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
:metal: :cfrocks:

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
929_adam said:
:metal: :cfrocks:
I try to contribute Adam. Now if we only had a quad section.....:LolLolLolLol:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
We could always make a quad section that is like a sub-section of the Cage-Fighters or DYI section

1 - 20 of 25 Posts