Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this patrolling the local CL as I do when I'm bored a work and just had to email the guy. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/3965456939.html

Granted it's a legit 748R and all but he must be on crack asking $13.500! No original bodywork, with yellowing/faded carbon aftermarket shit. Dirty as fuck sititng in a shed for over a year (yeah right) and currently in non-running condition. Leaky forks, needs belts and full maintenance plus tear down to clean thoroughly... On top of that, the late model marchesinis don't normally have a provision for the speedo drive and I don't see a cable so I question mileage validity as well.

I hate when people think their bike is god's gift to the motorcycle world when it's really not. Had to send this guy an email to try and set him straight. Told him I wouldn't offer more than $4500 MAX!

What would you guys pay?

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Assuming it is an R model and I could hear it run, I would pay $5.5k max if I was in the market for one. $4k if I wasn't and it showed up in my driveway for sale. The 748R is not really a collector bike so doesn't deserve collector pricing.

I wonder how long it has really been sitting.

Carbon fuel tank is worth three grand alone
lmao, NO!

·
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my question as well considering the amount of dust. Granted they only brought 175 of them into the states, they aren't nearly as sought after as the 996/998R's or the older 916 SP/SPS models.

He was a bit offended by me saying max offer of 4500 but after a few emails back and forth he finally conceded that his price was a long shot and I clearly knew wtf I was talking about.

In factory mint condition with low miles I've seen them go between 7-8k but you'll never get the 12-15k the early SPS, or late model Testa-R's get. I figure if I were to sell mine I'd probably ask 8500 OBO only because of all the corse, go fast parts on it along with the original motor. Even then, I'd probably be lucky to get 7500.

Edit: Yeah I told the guy I didn't give a shit about his faded 10yr old carbon tank. I found that amusing as well.

Some people man.... as long as idiots keep overpaying though that's cool. Keep driving up the value of mine haha.

·
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pfff...nope. I think he knew whatever it was it would be too much and I'd say no lol.

Hope he parts it out. I want that tank and those runners. Maybe those forks too haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts