Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new owners appear to be ripping the soul from the forum, But i'm not making one myself, so lets make the most of what we got

can't complain about it and then not participate

My Dad died way back in 2007 ,he'd had this bike since about 1991, we kept it alive with GPZ900r exhaust cans, CBR900r coils etc, it's been sitting waiting on me for a long long time, so I'd like to get it done while my step mother is still here to see it

bikes already pretty stripped, font end is underway

I don't have a photo of a newspaper , because ..... fuck the newspapers and their lying agenda

Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Wheel
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

·
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
managed to grab another hour, got a start on the bottom shock mounts, at present they're conjoined to make machining easier, they'll be split right at the end . Put a big scratch thing on one face..... more haste and all that .... but it'll be right

Motor vehicle Wood Automotive design Auto part Nut

·
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shock mounts are nearly there, as rough as arseholes, but nearly machined, I could have held back on pictures and pretended they always looked great..... but seems like a dick move. ( they aren't quite as bad as photo suggests tho)

Automotive tire Rim Automotive design Bumper Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Nickel Jewellery Body jewelry
Hand tool Metalworking hand tool Wood Automotive design Tool
Automotive tire Wood Grey Automotive design Asphalt

·
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
angled the sides at 3', put a bevel on the front edge and added little engraving.... couldn't decide what was suitable, "made in Scotland" seemed right. Still to tap the M10 hole, but time was short

Wood Bicycle part Household hardware Metal Auto part
Wood Rectangle Material property Motor vehicle Gas
Wood Automotive exterior Hardwood Bumper Motor vehicle

·
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
couple of slugs to make then it's time to glue. no polish this time , settle for a nice matt finish on the loominum...

lazy cunt ???? how very dare you :eek::eek:

threw the tank back on too, seems the best place to store it . I will need to fit lock stops soon, the clip on's will clout the tank , but it will retain more steering lock than i'm used to

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle
Font Rectangle Bumper Bag Material property

·
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stock seat, as previously stated, was going to be re-shaped and used, but the rust demons had done their worst, so it got thrown out the door. I have a seat from a much newer CB, which is remarkably similar in size, but when offered up it looked like a couch .... prob right comfy, but that's not what it's about ... so with no firm plan in place it was unceremoniously subjected to the attentions of my favourite surgical implement . It's new much more lithe form is considerably more pleasing to the eye ( i will use something better than duct tape for the rebuild) , it also clears the shock mounts , which is nice . That's as far as it can go for now tho, I need the swingarm and wheel in place to position the tail piece before anymore chopping, although i have a feeling the seats too long ...... time will tell

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exhaust
Automotive tire Wheel Hood Tire Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

·
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was pretty sure the crush tube for the wheel bearings was too long, a bit of measuring later... yup, 1.34mm too long ..... sorted now .
i measured up the space between the wheel bearings and the carrier bearings, they'll be drawn up tomorrow

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

·
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
checked the wheel fits in the main hoop with sprocket and disc on. Caliper hanger will be thin, but I've dealt with that before . Hoop is still to be chopped to length, tyre at present has 70mm clearance .... and yes, wheel is wrong way round

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

1 - 17 of 17 Posts