Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
still a bit of fine tuning needed , and a torque arm

for my next trick , I need to find the dam paddock stand hangers.... i deff made them , but can I find them? .... can I fuck

i'll need to take the tail mount off, weld all the bits of the shock mounts i can't get to and then get the tail mounted properly

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
not convinced i'm going to use the torque arm mount, might just make a full new hanger that doesn't need one

but that's for another day

little bit of welding and drilling and the tail light mount is secured and removable

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

I left the snapped weld tabs, they help to align it. It'll need spacers turning and the area where it was split and bent made stronger and tidier , but it's good enough to keep things progressing

·
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Next was to tape up where I want the seat base to be, card, duct tape and a coating of wax, then start throwing fibreglass at it , hopefully sometime after dinner this will be solid enough that I can prise it off and start trimming. Plan, at the moment, is to use race foam, layered and shaped, thin stuff and thicker stuff, then prob get a grown up to sew together a cover

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

the carbon fibre cloth arrived at my work today, but i'm on holiday, so i'll nick in later , prob tomorrow , pick it up

·
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
glass lifted off a treat, unfortunately some of the glue from the tape... not so much, masking tape is better, but i don't have any . I think I can trim a bit more, but i'll leave that till foam fitting is started

Wheel Tire White Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
19 Posts
still a bit of fine tuning needed , and a torque arm

for my next trick , I need to find the dam paddock stand hangers.... i deff made them , but can I find them? .... can I fuck

i'll need to take the tail mount off, weld all the bits of the shock mounts i can't get to and then get the tail mounted properly

View attachment 152651
What are those screws (presumably) doing in the rim edge? . . .Cool project BTW, my first motorcycle was an 81CB650 Custom. PIC is not mine but shows what it looked like in all its 80's glory. I like the non "Custom" ones much better. Frame was nice as you could remove the heads without pulling the motor, unlike the SOHC 750s. Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
What are those screws (presumably) doing in the rim edge? . . .Cool project BTW, my first motorcycle was an 81CB650 Custom. PIC is not mine but shows what it looked like in all its 80's glory. I like the non "Custom" ones much better. Frame was nice as you could remove the heads without pulling the motor, unlike the SOHC 750s. View attachment 152858
reckon the wheel was used in a drag bike, they're just short self tappers

·
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
looked at buying seat foam, but Scot's folk don't have a reputation for being frugal for nowt..... the seat I gutted has foam ... lets give it a go , n
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Wheel
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive design

makes a fair mess, and i'll need to add more tomorrow, but its glued and taped tighter than a noisy kidnap victim

·
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
time to project manage a bit I'm afraid, I tried fitting a piece of vinyl....... not as easy as it looks... as one might expect

i did fit a bracket to secure the seat to and drill the holes in the seat , the bracket won't take any weight so it'll be plenty strong

Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Automotive design
Grey Hat Automotive wheel system Rim Bicycle part

·
11,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
time to start thinking about where the electrickery will live.

I tacked on a couple of tubes parallel to the swingarm spindle (they'll be final welded with everything else once the dry build is done) then cut out an aluminium plate which will be attached to it. I'll grab an old battery and make a pocket to locate it, the reg/rec will live under it with the rest to be dealt with as and when

The intention was to measure up for more pieces, but my digi calipers are hiding and the boy's have flat battery

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tire Automotive design
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bumper Automotive exterior

41 - 53 of 53 Posts