Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike: 1992 CBR F2

So I got my digital gauge in the other day and was planning the install in my head. One question I have is that the gauges came with one earth magnet to pick up the speed reading. Now if I add, let's say 3 more magnets, will the speed reading be more accurate and also will it work with any earth magnets? I got a tube of earth magnets and was curious if I should use them also.

Thanks all in advance.

G

·
The magnet works by creating a pulse through the pickup part & you only need the one, if you were to put an extra one on you would double the speed shown 4 would send the thing haywire

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The magnet works by creating a pulse through the pickup part & you only need the one, if you were to put an extra one on you would double the speed shown 4 would send the thing haywire
Right on. Thanks for the clarification. I thought that would happen but read somewhere that someone added like 5 of them to pick up the reading better. Good to know before having a crazy reading.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i could never get my dan moto nano gauge to work on my bandit.... the RPM meter would blow and work for just a few seconds and never again.

it all seemed so straight forward too... I blame the product...but who knows U_U

update us on how it works for you
Sorry for not updating guys. So i got the magnet speedo to work. Well it is reading speed. Not 100% sure how acurate it is and how to confirm it. But i just follow the speed of others and think I'm going the right speed.

The only thing i am having a problem with is the rpm reading. The reading is doubled. I contacted Danmoto and they have told me that i have to install the read to just one of the ignition coils ground. Which i am having trouble figureing out where that is. If anyone knows what color, location or any infor where i can find it that would be awesome. Its for a 1992 CBR F2.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts

I would try the stock tachometer signal feed first, yellow with green tracer, left upper corner, will be in the harness that used to feed your gauges,
if that doesn't work the coils are under your tank, if you remove 2/3s of the air box, leave the part holding stacks around the carbs, the 2 coils sit right there, power is fed through the black wire on both little harnesses, so I would tap in on the coil side of the connector, to left coil, yellow with blue tracer at about one o'clock on the diagram.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The usual issue with the f2 and aftermarket gauges is the wasted spark design. Try cbrforum under the f2 builds. There's some good info there. Not sure about Dan moto specifically, I'll check and get back if I find something

Edit: link for ss182 ebay knock off. But it explains how he used the stock tach signal. May be of some help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts