Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here’s the headlight

With a little improvement because the stock headlamp was not very good

Now a little mod but important, separate the breather from the airbox (very important in case of fall when engine is running)

I also decided to service the front fork (oil & seals)

Quite easy and simple, I thought it would be more difficult but everything went well!

Who wants some old and stinky fork oil?

This one was very nasty, covered with rust and oil! I don’t know why but the washer was between the dust cover and the seal instead of under the seal…

Clip-on are replaced with a handlebar

Got these high position double slip-ons away for a way better (in my opinion) GP style from Spark Exhaust

Now because of the handlebar, brake lines are too short and also need headlight brackets

Finally I tried to put the headlight so I can see the way it will look at the end

And I have enough space to mount the speedo, oil gauge and key ignition

Now I have to make brackets for the speedo, oil gauge, key ignition and dummy lights.
I’ll keep you up to date guys!

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
Subbed :D

Always nice to see what other people make from these things.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Looking good! That exhaust should sell for a pretty penny too.

It's essential to service the rear suspension linkage on these bikes. They will (guaranteed) seize and cost you a lot of money in needle bearings if you don't. You can use the swing arm hub clamping bolt as an extractor if you don't have another boot the right size handy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!
@Mattson
I will use your system to mount the driver's seat (with the door locking for quick release, this was genius man!)

Thanks a_morti, I will check the rear suspension too!

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
:D One of those ideas that was so bonkers yet simple it just had to work. Why try building a complex latch mechanism that would require precise machining to even remotely work if you can go to your local hardware store and buy one for 12,90. Yes it's ugly but when the seat is in place you cannot see any of it from any angle. Just make the holes for the bolts that secure it to the frame oval so you got adjustment. It should be snug to not rattle yet loose enough to pop up when opened so it can't press the seat forward when locked in place. Took me a while to dial in 100% and might need readjustment if the tank has been removed but overall it's working better than I expected.

Reactions: fab1818
1 - 6 of 6 Posts