Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Noob here. Dad started me riding when I was six, spent my weekends being hauled to mini-x/moto-x events and showing horses until I was about 16. Started riding again and have been riding street for about 12 years now. Had some nice bikes through the years, started out slow on a 600 Hurricane (not bashing it at all to the other noob who has one), I really loved that bike, wish I still had it at times, went through two Ducs, that's where I fell in love with streetfighters, passed through a GT 650 Hawk stage (loved that ss swingarm), got in a nasty wreck on an 02 ZX12 (dumb college girl on cell phone ......"oh, was that light red?" :mad: Disclaimer, I do not think all college girls are dumb, just those who run me over and cost me a year of riding time and total my bike)

I picked up a neat little 400 Bandit a few weeks ago, doesn't run, guy didn't want to pay to fix it so I bought it.

Now I'm looking for something newer and nekkid, or either something I can strip down and make it nekkid myself.

My closet consists of more riding gear, helmets, boots and motorcycle parts than it does clothes, wich is really odd considering I'm a girl.

Hope to make some new friends, pick up some tips and learn and share stories.

Please, be gentle with me, this is my first post! :dance3: :jig: :yeeha:

Twinklestar
"Twinks"

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
welcome to the madness!!

lemme know if you need any help or anything with that 400 :D i just picked one up a few weeks ago too. JUST got it running again (meaning yesterday, lol) i already hacked the rear end off and fitted a ducati monster seat section.

the 400's had a major problem with the ignition boxes, if you can't get any spark out of it, that's probably your problem. a new one is around $400, but most of the time they can be fixed for about $10 worth of radio shack capacitors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes and thanks for the offer of help Mr. Loose-Screws. For right now, the 400 is sitting in the back of the shop that it's been in. I know the owner and head mechanic very well and they gave me a call knowing I was looking for something small displacement for just a thrasher. It's too cold right now and with all the pins in my foot, I'm dying to ride, but the weather keeps the foot really sore so I'm gonna tell them to start on it next month and I'll be riding it this spring.

I've got my eye on an 04 R6 that I want to strip and make my own, the owner is in Iraq right now but is planning on selling it and buying a new R1 when he gets back so I'm holding out right now because the bike is pristine, all stock and low miles. Blank canvas at 1/2 the price of a new one.

I've gotta have a new helmet anyway. I've always had shorter hair, but after the wreck, I let my hair grow out long and I am in dire need of a new helmet. Guess I'll be throwing my mediums up for sale and buying a new Suomy in a large.

I'll shut up and read for a while and stop boring you all for now.

Twinks.

BTW, the avatar is not all bark and no bite, she really does bite and hates the papparazzi lol.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
not a problem, just figured i'd offer some help, since i'm pretty much in the same boat with the same bike.

good choice on the suomy, i love mine. by far the quietest helmet for the nekkid bike rider that i've found. just too damn cold in the winter. i love the venting in the warmer times of year, but right now, not so much.
can't wait for the spring myself either, i have a bunch of metal in my skull (hence "skr00zloose") and the cold SUCKS to ride around in. it takes 10 minutes after i get off the bike for my head to come back to a normal temp, lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These older, smaller bikes can be a pain to get parts for, but they are so worth it. I can't help but love them and know that when you finally get to ride them, they were worth every penny, every cussword and every pissed-off moment (Can I say pissed-off on here? :confused: ).

As far as the Suomy, I love it, but it is NOT for winter riding. It's a great summer helmet, but for winter, I wear my Arai. I've always had an Arai for backup, but it took me eight years to find a fault with Arai. In the summertime, with all the vents open, you DO NOT want to get caught in a sudden hard downpour with an Arai Quantum! I needed wipers on my eyeballs!

Anyway, yeah, the winter weather wreaks havoc on my foot now. I'd had a few get-offs, but nothing that some Tylenol PM and an Icehouse wouldn't take care of, but this one takes the cake. I have to buy bigger sized shoes now just so they'll fit my right foot and then the shoe on my left foot just flops. I used to love cold weather, I'm quite the opposite now. :clown:

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
twinklestar said:
(Can I say pissed-off on here? :confused: ).

just wait till you see what everyone says in here, lol. there's no censors on this board!!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
bahaha, almost as bad as suv weilding soccer moms!!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE

ur definately allowed to say whatever you want here. we dont really uhmm try to regulate that because we'd be constant fuckin offenders.

:D

post up some pics of the bandit..its mandatory for all noObs to post bike pics dont ya know??!! SkrOoz just got one, and i'll be gettin one back up to snuff for a friend of mine because he moved outta town and had to leave it here, but wants to pick it up now so he can take it back to Cali with him . . . lucky bastard.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
twinklestar said:
What'd I Miss???? :confused:
a handfull of ball bearings will get the attention of any driver who's not paying attention to what he/she is doing :D.... basically

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
hey welcome to the site twink,im the resident post whore and man-stud:D:metal:
got any question just ask,theres alot of talented people here,and alot of weirdos too,there this adam guy...ya hes a bit of creep:Dbut if you ever need advice on crashing hes your go-to guy

an 04 r1 would be sweet,i used to a have a turbo-charged one,and theres a dude on here that has a 05 ..i think,r1 that hes about to fighter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again all. Nope. Sorry, no female friends that ride, I ride by myself most of the time. Most of the girls around here that I've found that ride something besides c..c....c...(dare I say it) cruisers, seem to be riding because they saw Biker Boyz too many times or they think they look cute in their tank tops or something. The only die-hard riding female I know here is a chick at the college on a Vespa. Now she's cool.

I like taking hacksaws to subframes and such, most females around here are too worried about messing up their manicures to really get into it.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll be visiting MY Baby Bandit this week and will take some pics. I'll also see if I can dig up some of the pics of the mods I did on my other bikes. I have no idea where they are. I just bought a new MacBook and haven't touched any other computer since lol.

This place is da' bomb. Loved reading about the build-off and am awaiting updates and can't wait to see the finished bikes!

Til next time...
Twinks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts