Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a used dealership today to ask what their fees are for consignment...saw a zx6 for sale and asked what they wanted for it out of curiosity, dealership dick looks at me and pulls out the old line that "if ya have to ask, then it's probably too much". I walked over to the door clicked my clicker and started my new 2014 pathfinder and politely informed him that just because I talk with a twang it don't mean I can't buy the shithole building he's renting and tell him to pound sand. I then pulled out my phone and asked him what he thought about my boats, bikes, house, wife, or credit score that helped me get all but the wife. I then handed him my business card and asked what he thought my salary might be, then snatched it back and demanded another salesman. I got apologies and shit of course and their advertising guy that tried to help me after that was a cool guy who answered several questions I had. I went a bit overboard but I guarantee that fucktard got the point. Just wanted to vent a bit because it got under my skin and screwed up my afternoon. The owner was actually the dick and I made it clear he wouldn't have to worry about my business in the future. Why do these guys decide to be assholes to potential customers?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Assholes you're better off giving your money to a kid who knocked his girlfriend up this summer then give it to some dickhead at dealership.

·
ThumpaMonsta
213 Posts
Buddy of mine went to BMW wearing blue work suit, got dissed by salesman.... he then went to Mercedes and bought a 200k+ car (he can afford it though) then went back to BMW and asked to see the same salesman. The guy got the point.

Do not judge someone by the way they speak / dress you could be in for a surprise....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
103 Posts
Happened to me too.

Went into a subaru dealership in a wife beater and shorts. Just to browse.

Salesman looked at me and ignored me and my questions.

I came back few days later in my dress clothes and had 3 sales women answering everything and laughing at my jokes.

Got the ones #.

Boo-yah salesman.

·
The Senior Member
835 Posts
hey not all of us at dealerships are a holes ... you wana new bike come talk to me plus i bet i can get ya a better price lol

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Where are you at in GA Andy? What's the dealerships name?

·
The Senior Member
835 Posts
augusta ga street and trail motorsports on washington road

·
The Senior Member
835 Posts
plus guys you gotta remember even tho it might not be the right way the sales ppl likr me are comission so we are taught right away to size up everyone that walks in i go hungry if i dont get sales and if even tho your a good guy i talk to you and you dont buy somthing but the next guy in talks to the outher guy on the floor and does then im gooin hungry so yes most sales guys are gona judge you by your look when you walk in and if your not acting like you wana buy somthing then they will talk to you but will be goin to the next guy that walks in if he IS interested in buying now him tellin you you cant afford it if you have to ask was retarded on his side you never say shit like that there is a thing called financing and they do up to 5 years now that means if you can aford a 200 a month payment you can afford most bikes unless they are 15k or somthing high....

·
4,400 Posts
It has happened to me too. When I decided to get rid of my BMW I was shopping around for a while and had not decided whether I wanted a truck or another car yet. I stopped over at a Subaru dealership and asked to test drive a wrx sti. I was driving my old 95 ram at the time and was in my work clothes. They flat told me I couldn't afford it. They were only asking 22k for the fucker!!! So I told them to fuck off and I'll take my business elsewhere. I then went to another dealership and bought my truck for 30k. Credit score was good enough to get it with no money down and 3% interest. I then went back and saw the dealers at the Subaru place and told them they misse out an a good sale and gave them the finger and ripped out of their parking lot in a cloud of tire smoke and black exhaust

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Jaded ME Sees Tire Kickers all Damn Day. But Not All Tire kickers are Tire Kickers some actually buy things. so you treat them just like Friends or Family and No one will get hurt.

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
As someone on the other side, I can tell you that like most things in life, it's a game. A shitty, racist, sexist, classist game. You can play the game if you want, or you can choose to not, but if you don't, you're going to have to deal with bullshit like that. (As I said, it's a shitty game.)

Everyone assumes it's clothes and speech, but really, a lot of it is about how you carry yourself. I look like a dirtbag most of the time, but I've repeatedly been dragged into conversations with sales managers, bank managers, etc., to verify the information I've given them, because they expect me to make more money than I do. Often, a LOT more. I always get a kick out of going into finance and getting the whole spiel about how financing doesn't cost that much and is a really convenient alternative to paying for things with cash, and that I should really consider it. OF COURSE I'm going to finance. I'm broke as shit most of the time, but they haven't even bothered to run my credit yet, because they assume it's fine.

To be fair, I doubt I'd be able to pull this off as well or as often if I wasn't a thirty-something white male.

People who get profiled tend to start expecting it, which affects their behavior, which then leads to additional profiling, starting a vicious cycle. If some asshole pulls shit like that, just give them a condescending laugh and head for the door, smiling and shaking your head. You'll probably have someone who knows what's up catch you before you hit the parking lot. If they don't? Fuck 'em. it's their loss. As a salesperson, it's hard enough to find serious buyers for used sport bikes, even when you aren't busy shooting yourself in the foot with stupid comments.

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
I worked as a deputy service manager at a BMW dealer, new salesman got the push because he asked a customer not to come in the showroom with muddy boots, the customer brought a new 7 series every 2 years cash.
We were taught that everyone who comes through the door is either a BMW owner or a future owner, so treat them as such.
We had a lot of farmers, lots of money but didn't care how they dressed. Most paid up front.
Just don't drink with them>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts