Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a 1991 FZR6 for a whopping $600 AUD from a guy locally who'd already replaced all the filters/plugs/everything. Bike ran great and sounded solid but was a right fucking mess to look at...it had fairings :nuts:

Anyway, ladies grab your lube because we're about to start this long, slow and anti-climatic roller-coaster.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Sweet! I always like seeing guys build FZRs. Here's mine right before I sold it.

Never really did get around to finishing it proper.

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
glad to see you can back up all the shit talking. will be watching man.
Fuck bro, dont get your hopes up yet. Wait till i get to the "where did this part go" stage and you'll change your mind.

Sweet! I always like seeing guys build FZRs. Here's mine right before I sold it.

pic didnt work broski

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Really? Shows for me...

Edit: re-fixed it. Should show up now.

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I'm not sure what im going to do for the tail and thats what i want to work out next. Ive ordered a Duc 1098 tail for my gladius that i can have a look at on it or even chuck my Gladius tail on the FZR to see how it looks. Still might look a little odd though.

The other option and my current favourite is to chop that mother fucker down to seat only setup. I can chop and my brother is a professional welder so its also a reasonably easy option.

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really? Shows for me...

Edit: re-fixed it. Should show up now.
Its uploaded to your own private drop box i believe. so only you can see it because if i just use the img url it tells me to fuck off or sign in

Edit: its working now

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Is that the Duc monster seat on there?

and what swinger is that? The vfr400 by chance?

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Is that the Duc monster seat on there?

and what swinger is that? The vfr400 by chance?
2002 R6 forks/triples/wheel
660 hybrid motor
1995 YZF600 tank
Ducati M900 seat/taillight
Chopped subframe
Modified 1990-1993 VFR750 swingarm (Use the 94-97 if you have the option)
94-97 VFR 750 rear wheel

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2002 R6 forks/triples/wheel
660 hybrid motor
1995 YZF600 tank
Ducati M900 seat/taillight
Chopped subframe
Modified 1990-1993 VFR750 swingarm (Use the 94-97 if you have the option)
94-97 VFR 750 rear wheel
How much of a cunt was the swinger to do? Did you need to relocate the shock mount?

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
It was the toughest part of the build by far. Swingarm needed to be narrowed, frame widened, shock relocated, rearsets moved, and sprocket spaced. If I were to do it again I would use a newer R6 shock. I forget the year that fits that bike. It was far too stiff with the stock shock on it.

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info dude.

So I pulled the rest of the shit out and chopped off part I the subframe. I'm leaving the rest until I find out what tail I'm going to use. ImageUploadedByMO Free1384757209.553863.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I picked up a R6 tank today and a zx6 swinger. 220 for the pair. It's a decent fitting tank (I need to make a new pivot bracket for it but whatever) my only complaint is the gap where te tank becomes skinnier than the frame. Anyone done anything to make the tank line up better? I am thinking about making something out of fibreglass or something but I'm not sure what yet.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1384835663.265115.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another mediocre update.

So late this arfternoon the 1098 tail that i brought for my Szooki showed up. Unsure how I feel about it on the Fzzr but heres some quick pics anyways

Cunts

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i like the gladius tail better personally. but the duc tail will let you hide more stuff in there

Reactions: Schiavelo

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And I think you're right about the Gladius tail suiting it better. the Duc is just a little to..wide? or something. I dont know but that tail was originally for my Gladius so I think i'll start installing that today and then use the gladius tail on the Fizzer and see how it looks seing as it'll be sitting around anyways.

·
Deano
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ghetto swinger paddock spools ive got.

well i just broke my fucking grinder and im broke for a week at least so fuck my shitting fucking existance

Reactions: Cookie2000ad
1 - 17 of 17 Posts