Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

December FOTM Winner

• ZipTi's 97' B1 1200, 407lbs Dual SportMoto

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • (Make that thing forkless) Julian's Victor Frankenstein's Monster - Dirtbag build

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • (Make that thing forkless) Julian's Dirtbag Dual-Sport

Votes: 21 20.2%
  • MikeGyver's 2000 Ducati 996 Strada

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Tekgnome's Screaming Banshee

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • F'Dup's DR650

• RS Raz's YZ125

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the bikes for December. Click on the photo to go to entry post to read about the bike. The last month of roll-over before a clean start in Jan 2018!

ZipTi's 97' B1 1200, 407lbs Dual SportMoto

(Make that thing forkless) Julian's Victor Frankenstein's Monster - Dirtbag build

(Make that thing forkless) Julian's Dirtbag Dual-Sport

MikeGyver's 2000 Ducati 996 Strada

Tekgnome's Screaming Banshee

F'Dup's DR650

RS Raz's YZ125

Good luck Fighters! :shocker:

·
forks and valves... WTF?
671 Posts
How the hell is he keeping those raw steel frames from rusting? Isn't he in SanFrancisco ?
the tears of liberal snowflake cry babies have rust preventing properties.
Ha! funniest thing I've ready all day:rotfl:

Luckily I live far enough outside of SF that I don't have to deal with too many libtards... but an occasional wipe-down with a oil soaked rag helps the rust situation on the bare framed bikes.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Ha! funniest thing I've ready all day:rotfl:

Luckily I live far enough outside of SF that I don't have to deal with too many libtards... but an occasional wipe-down with a oil soaked rag helps the rust situation on the bare framed bikes.
I liberally coated my steel bits with linseed oil, and am still growing a decent patina. Its not a full on bloom, but its certainly not shop fresh. Maybe it doesn't provide the necessary protection once dry? Not really a problem in my case (I used thick steel both for ease of welding and in anticipation of rust) but certainly a curiosity.

I did notice that the spots on my frame where paint has worn / been scraped away during repairs are not rusting as much, and have motor oil on them (from the blown line) rather than dried linseed oil, so I guess maybe that's more evidence you need "wet" oil.

I'm tempted to give Boeshield a shot. Is very popular for (bicycle) chains, which rust like a mofo during the winters here.

·
ZipTi
54 Posts
Thanks to all that voted! I'm glad I could show Zippi off a little.

Going with knobbies next year and building a skid plate. I want to ride the KAT Kentucky Adventure Trail, 950 miles of various back, gravel, trails.

·
10,437 Posts
Thanks to all that voted! I'm glad I could show Zippi off a little.

Going with knobbies next year and building a skid plate. I want to ride the KAT Kentucky Adventure Trail, 950 miles of various back, gravel, trails.
sounds like you need a build thread to document your adventures chief

(you may have one already,in which case...my bad, I really should go look):oops::D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts