Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need your input. Can't decide between a KTM RC8 tail or Catalyst racing (SV or panigale)

Here's my bike:

RC8 tail:

catalyst racing tail SV

catalyst racing tail panigale

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
either the pani or the rc8r. do you plan on riding 2 up ever?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
definitely not out of the question. you could always make the subframe to suit 2 up and support the tail where a passenger would sit and either add a race foam seat to the back. or make one with suction cups to pop on and off.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
definitely not out of the question. you could always make the subframe to suit 2 up and support the tail where a passenger would sit and either add a race foam seat to the back. or make one with suction cups to pop on and off.
Would that be possible with the RC8 tail? Or would I be better of suited with the pani if I wanted to do 2up ever in the future. Not sure if the aggressive angle of the rc8 would be suitable for 2up.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
someone did an rc8r on their bike. it was red. and then he had a wee accident. cant remember which bike it was. for some reason i think it was a hayabusa. but that pad idea would work with either tail. your passenger may need a step later on the rc though haha

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm, I'll need to find someone with fiberglass skills to help me if I decide on the pani tail (leaning towards that right now...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
actually now i am leaning back towards the RC8. If I get a corbin seat for it, will i have any trouble getting it to fit with the SV tank?

·
God listens ... to SLAYER
34 Posts
Would that be possible with the RC8 tail? Or would I be better of suited with the pani if I wanted to do 2up ever in the future. Not sure if the aggressive angle of the rc8 would be suitable for 2up.
Cant you get rc8 subby and then bolt it to your sv? And if the angle isnt right just reshape the seat? Oh, and for my rc8 that is ;)

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
The RC8 would match with the SV lines great but if you did make it for 2 up riding your passenger will be way up there, nose bleed height.

·
God listens ... to SLAYER
34 Posts
The RC8 would match with the SV lines great but if you did make it for 2 up riding your passenger will be way up there, nose bleed height.
Think that's the case with that bike - when I went on it as a pillion I was shitting my pants, it was really weird. So pillion will be high up there anyway. Next thing is the angle - it shouldn't be a problem if it will be as it is on ktm but wouldn't try german angles if its to be ridden 2 up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts