Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be focusing on getting the chassis and suspension all set up first, then try to get the body looking right, after that I'll start pulling the black bike apart.

I'm looking for a sort of 90s endurance / 80s muscle bike appeal to it, so I'll be doing something a bit unusual with the tail section and front end.

With that I have a couple ideas in mind for the rear end, I'm leaning towards doing a twin shock setup like a GS or ZRX, which would leave me building a blingy new subframe to accept the rear shocks and share those forces with the frame.

So here's the place to offer suggestions such as how my dumbass bike is going to fold in half, or that perhaps I should work faster.

And if it all goes tits up by spring time, I'll just ride the🌈black StReEtFiGhTeR.

🖕🤓🖕

·
Tha Killa K
1,561 Posts
Work faster, ya lazy bastard 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Denver

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,755 Posts
twin shocks on the banana arm?! Sacrilege! can't wait to see it!

·
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
twin shocks on the banana arm?! Sacrilege! can't wait to see it!
Haha, no. Gonna ditch the banana hammock as soon as I find an alternative. Right now I'm thinking I might pick up an early 2000s ZX9R arm. The shape of the extrusions kind of suits the W frame I think. I was looking at GSX1300 arms but they're worth a fortune. ZX9R arms are nearly identical. I want to then build a nice underbrace and set up some shock mounts on that. Subject to change but that's the plan so far...

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,503 Posts
Awesome! I looked into the Microsquirt for my current project, but decided I'd really never finish since I couldn't find a base map to start from for the Ducati. Do you have to start from scratch or do you have a lead on a base map to get you going?

·
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome! I looked into the Microsquirt for my current project, but decided I'd really never finish since I couldn't find a base map to start from for the Ducati. Do you have to start from scratch or do you have a lead on a base map to get you going?
This conversion has been done many times before, so I likely could find a base map to get me going.. The guys on on oldskoolsuzuki.info forums seem pretty smart about it all.

I might try to just wing it at first, just because... I think once your sensors are all calibrated and reporting properly, you can get anywhere in the ballpark and adjust as needed to figure out your fuel map... would be a good learning experience I think 🤔

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,755 Posts
Who ever thought the day would come? Denver's in the buildoff and D-F'ing-W. This is magic. Keep it up young jedi!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Denver and CK 187

·
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've set a budget of around $100/week for this.
So much for that... well I have ordered nearly everything I need for the EFI stuff. Atleast the stuff I can think of. I think a secret santa told the ol lady about the wideband controller so I'm holding off on that ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts