Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just went to press my bandit stem into my Gsxr triple and it is not straight. The press I was using was to small to press directly down in the center of the stem so I pressed it off center in a few different spots and now it clearly isn't straight. Can I repress it with a bigger press to straighten it out? Or should I press it out and start over?

I'm sure this is fixable but I feel like I messed up big time

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So I definitely fucked my stem up. The triple looks fine though. Does anyone know where I could get a bandit 1200 stem? Aside from eBay.

Then after that who would like to press it in for me so I don't screw it up again?

You live and learn right?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea exactly. I guess it was either pretty much seated in the triple but I kept pushing with the press.

Its hard to get a good pic of it.

The stem isn't bent at all its just squashed out where it got pressed in

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea the snap ring is still in place. I don't have access to a press any bigger than what I knackered this with, would you be able to take a look at it and press it in if you deem it still usable? I would pay shipping both ways

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea that's perfectly fine and ok I will send The but and bearing also. I think it should still be able to be used based off of what you're saying and actually looking at it. You are the man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts