Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this may sound stupid as hell but I don't know so I am gonna ask. Can I run a dual sport front tire and sportbike rear tire. Reason being I am swapping an 02 gsxr 600 frontend on my 82 Honda 750. I already have a 180/55/17 rear tire and I want to run roughly a 130/80/17 on the front. Shinko has a dual sport 705 in that size. Ya or nay. Thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
For general riding you'd likely never notice, but different compounds and tread patterns track differently in corners. In hard cornering this can give odd handling traits, typically that it feels like the rear tire is trying to pass the front or a "hinged" feeling to the bike since the tires aren't holding the same arc. This is exaggerated if you ride a knobby tire on pavement and corner, the bike "wanders" outward and won't hold a line.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the stock size for the frontend should be a 120/70/17. Anyone see an issue with running a 120/90/17. I am hoping to get a little more height. How much handling will I sacrifice? Anything has to be better than the old 82 frontend that was on her for sure. God knows the geometry is way different than it ever was

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.