Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a free washing machine available to me, it has a direct drive motor and some other interesting parts that I hope to repurpose...

Tell me if or why it wouldn't be cool to power a 10-12" disc sander with this motor?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Honestly i've been thinking about this too, what hp is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
A quick search has me thinking ½hp, which may bog down some but it should work. I've also thought about treadmill motors too, especially since people buy them and never use them and basically give em away

·
Breaking shit...
3,329 Posts
A quick search has me thinking ½hp, which may bog down some but it should work. I've also thought about treadmill motors too, especially since people buy them and never use them and basically give em away

Ive been thinking about using the motor out of my old treadmill to build a 2x72 grinder. It already has speed control built into the control panel and it has to be a pretty beefy motor right?

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^My thoughts exactly.

I'm hoping to salvage the stainless tub for an outdoor fire pit, the water pump for a water cooler for my tig welder, motor for a sander, and the steel enclosure to put "in stock" for future use.

Not sure what else I can use, maybe toss all the fasteners in a bucket and scrap the rest?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
^^^My thoughts exactly.

I'm hoping to salvage the stainless tub for an outdoor fire pit, the water pump for a water cooler for my tig welder, motor for a sander, and the steel enclosure to put "in stock" for future use.

Not sure what else I can use, maybe toss all the fasteners in a bucket and scrap the rest?

Quit stealing my ideas! I want to do the same thing with the tub lol.

you never know when some random nut or bolt will save you a trip to the hardware store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts