Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The Philosopher King
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do people think? which looks better on a street fighter Dirt bike bars, or clip-on drag bars??

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I disagree....rider's choice on this one. A proper 'fighter does not need MX bars, it's just become the norm. As far as what I like...it depends on the bike. Clipons simply are too uncomfortable to some, but they look the dogs dangly bits on a lot of bikes.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Of coarse there wont be MX bars on my buildoff bike...........Won't be clippons either........HEHEHE!!

:evilred:

Those guys are right though, that was just my quick opinion.

REMEMBER WITH FIGHTERS THERE ARE NO RULES !!!

G....

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
This is one I'm strugleing with. I had the intent on getting the lsl kit and already have bars from my mx bikes and then had to spen the money on a clutch and basket, and i already scored a used set of steel braided lines for the front sooooooo. I want the MX bars but for now the clip ons are staying on and i'm gonna doctor them up and put them on top the tripple.....:mad: Sucks my funds are fooked up and cant spend 400 dollars on a bar kit !!!! :mad:

YES ! I'm a little self concered sometimes :LolLolLolLol: It's all about me huh ...........LOL :pwas:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
If you already have bars, why don't you buy a set of risers from a Virago or something for like $15 and just drill the clamp?

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
endo said:
If you already have bars, why don't you buy a set of risers from a Virago or something for like $15 and just drill the clamp?

Need help figuring out where to drill it. The top of the fork tube the adjuster is in the way, i will need a tall set of risers, and would still have to buy new front lines and maybee even a throuttle cable. and i just scored these front lines ... I had the money set aside, but boom goes the basket ??? :wtf:

I realy like the look of the lsl kit esp. the tripple ! I don't like thier bars though. I will do it eventualy :ninja:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had drag bars on my bike till the other day. Since my bike is a sport tour bike it already has risers buuuuuuuut......I'm looking to get clip ons for the build......I'm not changing my front either. I'm going to use the risers on my upper tree to mount my six inch monitor for my back up camera.......so i'll have the best of both worlds.......:rock:

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Gunslinger said:
I had drag bars on my bike till the other day. Since my bike is a sport tour bike it already has risers buuuuuuuut......I'm looking to get clip ons for the build....

Aint it funny how we all just want what we don't have. If the bike has clip ons we want MX bars, if it has higher bars we want clip ons..........................

EFREEEBUDDY CWAAZY :LolLolLolLol:

:nuts:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
g-style street-fighter said:
The only thing that rules in the fighter world is....

Customfighters.com

.....G.....
:metal: thx buddy :metal:

i only want dirt bars on my bikes anymore because it fuckin hurts my back to be all crouched over for long periods of time and i like to ride forever sooOoo dirty bars it is.

dirt bars change your whole style of riding. its fuckin so much fun to be sittin on top of your streetbike and just whipping the thing all over the dam place. i love it.

:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
i have renthal twinwalls on mine and i love em, had the clips and had to change the brake lines. i had to run the throttle cable behind my triple. now that im outta school, i can finally put my bike back together :party-smiley:

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
had clip ons but as stated above i want to take long rides and the clip ons just suck for my back so i went with some tag risers, custom ronin motorsports spacers, and some renthal "fatbars" should look sick and if i dont like it ill just go back to clip ons i guess

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
some bikes look beter with the cip ons and other better with bars.

It's all abour evolution. Just like the origins of man, we we're all crouched down like a bunch of apes. But as trhe centuries went by, Man walked upright.

The same with sportbikes, we were all crouched over, but as evolution goes by, we decide to ride upright.

·
Ebay PosterChild
981 Posts
catman said:
Need help figuring out where to drill it. The top of the fork tube the adjuster is in the way, i will need a tall set of risers, and would still have to buy new front lines and maybee even a throuttle cable. and i just scored these front lines ... I had the money set aside, but boom goes the basket ??? :wtf:

I realy like the look of the lsl kit esp. the tripple ! I don't like thier bars though. I will do it eventualy :ninja:
yeah i am having the same problem right now i just don't know how or where to drill/clamp and if i had to drill something onto the tripple's i would rather weld onto them if possible

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
jesseunvoas said:
yeah i am having the same problem right now i just don't know how or where to drill/clamp and if i had to drill something onto the tripple's i would rather weld onto them if possible

if you took a pic of your tripple, top and bottom im sure we could assist you!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts