Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of marrying a pair of inverted dirt bike fork to my zx11.
There is not much information available on the web about such frankenstien projects. And I suppose this is the best forum to ask for opinions!
I dont ride fast or do wheelies anymore just want a customized ride for cruising around:)

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
I'm sure it's possible with either a bearing swap or steering swap. But you're going to have to overcome some hurdles. The springs are made to support a bike half the weight of a ZX11 and their going to have a LOT of travel. Also, since the Zx11 is a heavy bike, braking will be sketchy since you going from dual 310mm or 320mm rotors to a single much smaller rotor and caliper. Or if you want to keep the ZX11 rim/wheel some serious machining will likely be involved.

Later, Doug

·
moron with a hammer
119 Posts
What's your goal? Street USDs will be an easier swap, and cheaper too, by the time you re-spring, re-valve, shorten them, and get the missing brake worked out.

Are you trying to get long forks? A wire wheel? Just see all the cheap dirty USDs out there and start scheming?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I am thinking of marrying a pair of inverted dirt bike fork to my zx11.
There is not much information available on the web about such frankenstien projects. And I suppose this is the best forum to ask for opinions!
I dont ride fast or do wheelies anymore just want a customized ride for cruising around:)
http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Enjoy :)

Actually, I think a lot of the posters on here, would enjoy that forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts