Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps on the off chance that there is some kind soul who would be willing to donate or trade a pair of dirty bars or risers or both (For a barely used headlight w/ fairing & flush signals) to my first project (YZF600R), it would be greatly appreciated! Condition absolutely doesn't matter as long as there still mostly safe. I can do repairs on them if necessary. I would pay shipping of course, and starting a new job next week. So if anyone would donate, I would totally pay for the parts later on if needed. Or give the clip ons on my bike for them. thanks for the consideration dudes. Will upload pictures of the headlight and clip ons later.

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of bars you can have, I will post pics in the morning.
That is so awesome! :thumbsup: You have no idea how much I appreciate it, Im really excited to start my first build but unfortunately my money isnt where my minds at, at this moment. :doh:

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Here's a pic, These are actually 7/8 superbike bars. But they will get you going. I will clean them up for you also. They are yours if you want them.

·
What he saied
497 Posts
I got a set of risers like this:

Modified so the bottom is flat, They where to low for my setup.
These are for fatbars (1 1/8 ? ) 28,6mm
Yours for a $0.1 + shipping if you should happend to get your hands on some fatbars.

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a pic, These are actually 7/8 superbike bars. But they will get you going. I will clean them up for you also. They are yours if you want them.

Man that is so righteous! Let me know how youd like to go about shipping, I have Paypal or I could old fashion mail you the money. I'd prefer to mail the money since my bank charges to transfer funds. Thanks again for helping a noobie out with his first build :yeeha:

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a set of risers like this:

Modified so the bottom is flat, They where to low for my setup.
These are for fatbars (1 1/8 ? ) 28,6mm
Yours for a $0.1 + shipping if you should happend to get your hands on some fatbars.
Oh man I definitely appreciate it for sure, but I'm digging those Superbike bars ^ and unfortunately they wont fit :(

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
You could use the risers and the bars together you just need some shims that allow 7/8 bars in fat bar risers.

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could use the risers and the bars together you just need some shims that allow 7/8 bars in fat bar risers.
Alright that sounds even better, any issue with safety doing this?

·
Super Moderator
15,065 Posts
Not really, Its mostly cosmetic. But if you are not comfortable with this then get a set of 7/8 risers. You could go ahead and get the fatbar riser and then use them later. If you wanted a set of fatbars.

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not really, Its mostly cosmetic. But if you are not comfortable with this then get a set of 7/8 risers. You could go ahead and get the fatbar riser and then use them later. If you wanted a set of fatbars.
Nope I'm not worried about it, just wanted to get a more experienced opinion on the safety issues first. Not really trying to dwelve into anything unprepared. I'm going to go with the fatbar risers & shims to fit your SB bars, if Egotrip is still willing to donate the risers.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts
Nope I'm not worried about it, just wanted to get a more experienced opinion on the safety issues first. Not really trying to dwelve into anything unprepared. I'm going to go with the fatbar risers & shims to fit your SB bars, if Egotrip is still willing to donate the risers.
where in Florida are ya mate?we got members al over there ,mebee someone close to ya who coud pop over and checkout yer set up fer safety?

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Safety as far as my build goes is always on the forefront of my mind, being not very experienced someone checking out my set up after I end up getting it together would be tits. Im talking over the installation process with Eatabullet hes been really helpful and I'm working out shipping details for the bars and risers at the moment.

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its not any brand name or anything or even a good kind, its a temp light for my bike until I can get my hands on either a 70s CB 7" round or a set of Dominators. Its just a stunt light I found on Ebay. I ended up having to use it for a little bit more because a deal I had with some Dominators that fell through, sorry man. If it makes any difference when I get a new light you can have it. Dimensions are 11x11 at longest points, looks like this.

Attachments

·
What he saied
497 Posts
I have a set of dominators, If my friend don't pay up for them, they're up for grabbs. Make me an offer + shipping and I'll consider it.

PS: havent been able to get a quote yet, couse my cage cluch is fucked up, and waiting for parts to fix it.

·
I eat my 600R
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a set of dominators, If my friend don't pay up for them, they're up for grabbs. Make me an offer + shipping and I'll consider it.

PS: havent been able to get a quote yet, couse my cage cluch is fucked up, and waiting for parts to fix it.
I would definitely be interested in those Dominators keep me posted on that because I decided thats the lights I'm going to go with for my build. Ill send you a PM with an offer. Thats all good on the quote because I found a pair of risers for 7/8" bars last night for around the same cost it would be to ship yours overseas. I know Jackstand Johnny showed some interest in the fatbar risers though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts