Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to smash my bike to bits just to please you lot with another crap streetfighter build....

Story of the bike: Purchased for fuck all as a ZZR400K, motor was crap as one would expect having a massively ghey 58hp...picked up a complete (minus fairings and straight forks) ZZR600D/ZX6D and did an engine swap. Simple, went pretty well to say the least and had some sexual stainless twin cans on it. Was pretty darn near mint as I threw countless hours at a bike I always wanted.....as ya do.

So I was practicing wheelies, di a wheelie big one and fucked the bike and hurt myself a wee bit ('tis only a flesh wound)

And here we are, the bike looks like Hiroshima....
forks = munted. Triple clamps = munted. fairings? Fuck, they're dumb anyway. Rear rim is cracked (Shh don't laugh)

Plans: Simple front end for now, single headlight and maybe a belly pan.
Fix the mufflers, may go shorty on their arses.
Swap my spare rims onto it.
Have found an RS250 esque single seat unit. Might be good for a laugh. Don't want to throw my spare rear fairings on, they're bigger than Russia and about as sexy as finding crabs in a hamburger.

Ideas, comments? Wish me luck! Love the site. :shocker:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The lovely people at the hospital had told me to be good and swear not to do anything. Seriously, anything. Something to do with a crack and a pelvis (Sounds like a drug addicted Elvis?). So logically, being of feeble build, reasonable fitness and of poor facial hair growing abilities, I waded straight in. My thumb managed to dislocate again whilst removing the rear wheel, I looked at it and said to myself "You're not meant to look like that", lit my cigarette and pushed it into place. I kind of bit the cigarette in half. Ah, too bad, I was set for the night with my supplies.
So I carried on one handed. The rear wheel is seriously fucked. The torque damper/drive damper/cush drive is fine. Bearings are almost brand new, let's hope they're okay. The axle bolt is about as straight as Elton John.

So with the wheel off, I got to removing the brake and silly massive undertail plastics. When I got that far, I decided my thumb was going to be fine and rolled another ciggy.
I ripped all the plastics....um...belly pan and front fender off and a few screws that used to hold plastic....and then took the dash off.

My helmet and the dash had a brief meeting when I gracefully departed my trusty steed, so that's broken. I have a spare dash unit, but, I have a very, very cool plan that you'll all love and something I have never seen on a vehicle before. LED side lit dials. Get the speedo, temp, volt etc backing made from clear acrylic and etch the numbers and what not in. Put a slither of tinfoil around the edge, and point an LED into the side of the acrylic. A was having a tug over those mirrors with the HUD projection thingy in them and a mate said "neat, but, mirrors are gay, you could do this instead"
A beer for that guy!
The idea is in this link http://www.instructables.com/id/Edge-Lit-Displays/

Anyway, I pulled all that out and threw it in the heap. I was getting very, very worn out. So, coffee and cigarette and look at the machine and think "fuck, this is an awesome project!".
I then finished the evening by removing the front brakes, found that the fron rim is screwed too...wow and removed the top clamp, which is also rather....destroyed.

Will post a few more pics just to be a pic slut.

Attachments

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More photos of the pile....I will go search and find how to insert photos inline. Makes shit way cooler to read.

Attachments

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More pic whoring because i can.

No thumb dislocation as of yet for today. :D

Broken rear set, bent subframe blah blah.

I think I'll polish (Haha Homonym) the spare rear sets and see what they look like.
The exhaust cans are slightly dented....

And a pic of the CB400 SuperFour I sold earlier this year, did the seat myself and painted her myself too. Should have fightered it!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More pic slut time.
Just purchased these

$300NZ + delivery, I thought it was too good a deal to pass up. Will try find fork seals for them when they're here, not sure if they're 250 A/B/C or 400K(?)/L, there's a few differences between them.

So I ripped the radiator off, it's broken more than Heath Ledger's arse was in that mountain back thing movie. It's as bent as he was too I have a spare though.

Then I thought I'd take the chain off, because I can.
This chain is about 2000km old and lubed every 3-500km, you won't believe what I found.....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fuck, just wrote a big reply and hit a wrong button and it ran away

Got the spare tank and subframe out today and some other shit.

Tank has some dents, but, will be a piece of cake to fix

Will try to drag the other frame out also.
A mate just came over with McD's, what a choice treat! That BLAT burger is rather tasty. They also looked at my mess/bike/epic pile of shit and couldn't understand that it once was a working bike.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have got the frame completely stripped now, found two cracks.

Have pulled the spare frame out, will clean it up today and figure out what to do with it, should be fun.

It turns out I fractured my thumb as well as dislocating it, so I now know why it's rather useless.

Hopefully will have some more pics this afternoon!!!!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to say Dam. Did all that damage and are still trooping along. :rock:
Might as well, not here to tickle spiders!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the polished frame, keep up the good work.
Thanks mate, should be on to the swing arm tomorrow.
Thinking of doing the steering head/stem thing black along with the tail end of the frame.
May look at doing black rims with a polished lip too. :party-smiley:

Frame before

After

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finished the frame today, will wax it tomorrow after another quick polish with AutoSol.

I decided the swing arm was fugly as hell, so, polished that too. It came out pretty nice, will clear lacquer it at some stage and hope it won't be too hard to clean....

A good mate picked up this tail unit for me today, cost me a massive $50nzd. So, a custom subframe will be on the way.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tail unit modified to fit up to tank and subframe modified. Have yet to weld it (Don't have a welder...grrr)

Made a plastic seat base, foam is going to be cleaned up next week or maybe in the weekend and I will cover it with vinyl, it's a piss easy job.
As you can see, I will be doing a three piece seat, just to be different and I think it'll look neat

Turned this pile of shit in to a speedo, just for the time being. A mate is working on the uber cool side lit LED beasts, which will be awesome.

I kept the 260kph speedo and put it in the spare dash. It's cooler than the spare 180kph speedo...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More progress, got the USD front end today, it bolts straight on. Just use ZZR bottom bearing and the ZXR or ZZR top bearing, then use the nuts from the ZZR steering stem. Modified the steering lock and stop (cut them up)

Threw the shock and linkage on the "new" frame. pulled them back off after the photo to clean them, they were more dirty than a slapper chewing on garbage whilst getting one up her hind-quarters.

Painted the bar clamps, will paint the triple clamps when I get the top one machined so it has no ignition holder etc.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update....

Got the frame on to the motor, looks nice and pretty

Ordering new steering bearings to fit, need to sleeve the lower ZZR/zx6 bearing to fit the ZXR stem.

Was bending the lower left hand side subframe and managed to break the mount

Pic whoring of it going together for the first look at the direction I'm taking this bitch down. It's not very comfortable....

Threw the rear wheel in the swing arm just to get an idea of proportions and what not, I think it looks neat and slightly mad (in a sexy way) all at the same time.

Next job is to fit the wiring loom/mod the wiring loom. The fuse box, CDI etc are all going into the tail unit.
Finish the mufflers at some point, they're going to be high mounted and rather short.

Make another seat, not happy with the one I have. I covered it and the shape doesn't look quite right to me.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts