Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
The Handy Man
150 Posts
I like the black better :) Also, if you are interested, I was able to get rid of that stupid thermostat assembly by using a rad off of a 97 zx6e. It points the coolant exit in the opposite direction and was a direct bolt-on. Then I got an inline rad cap from a 08 cbr600. It does take a little longer to warm up, but isn't too noticeable. Any other questions feel free to ask. Pic below for reference.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
:shocker: http://youtu.be/yw6FSAq68XI
I wish I had a go-pro or something like that, this thing sounds sex when it's on song.
I made a new speedo mount, now the speedo is rock solid (today's top tip, 230km/h is fucking uncomfortable without fairings)

There's the start for the undertail, will tidy it up tomorrow
Shorter muffler win
I'm going to drop the headers off and paint them matt black, they look horrible
Dash finished and warning lights all working
Fan mounted to the reg/rec (you can see the reg poking out the arse end) with a cover on it, so nothing ugly jumps in the blades lol

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Thought I'd give the beast a basic service and fix an oil leak from the valve cover
Then I ended up like this:

Sump off, oil cooler off, timing cover, valve cover, water pump etc etc etc
Cleaned sump, oil pump filter screen etc etc
Painting headers with what is supposedly flame proof, let's hope I never test that

Water pump wasn't too happy, so I split it open, pulled the seals and pressed the bearings out, the back seal had shat out, bearings were fucked and full of oil
The outer bearing race on the water side has corroded to the housing and the bearing has albeit collapsed.
Ripped in to my drawers (I'm too classy to rummage through box, unless it has tits) and pulled the spare water pump out, stripped that down and ended up with this

Pretty decent condition all in all
So I set about making it look nicer, here's the original pump cover next to what I do well

New bearings and seals are less than $20.
I'll do a DIY thread on the ZZR forum and post a link here

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·

Flameproof shit on the headers, better than broooooooown
Black headlight, yummy.

I took this while having sex with the bike
The dash I made, I like it, can't stand buying parts ;)
Really not sure about teh belly pan yet.

Slightly overdue update sorry
:wtf:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Feel free to call me Doogle lol
I'm attempting to find a stuffed alloy rad with a filler cap on it, I'll chop it up and weld/braze/whatever the filler and a straight pipe to the existing unit, if that doesn't work, I'll just buy a 98 onwards ZX6R radiator
The standard thermostat and filler are impressively ugly...

Funny that you say that, I am starting up my own company... I hadn't thought of a name yet :D

·
The Handy Man
150 Posts
I actually tried that first but no matter how much brazing I did I could not get it to seal completely. I even bought a nice oxy acetylene torch too. Always worth a shot though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
I went to do a few small bits and pieces under the tail a few days ago, just to tidy things up. So I took a heap out of the subframe and raised the tail an inch or two :CK187:

I'm happy with the look and the riding position. It's just right for my 5 ft 7 (with shoes) manly awesomeness.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts