Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
The ZZR forum is back up, get some shit posted ;)

Them CBR calipers aren't just a performance upgrade - they're a maintenance upgrade. Cheaper and easier to get seals and such and they're easier to bleed (I know it's possible to bleed up the stock ones but I can do my fireblade ones in 30 seconds - literally!)

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I'll post some more updates there when I can :D

I have no issues bleeding my Toks ;) I'm one of the lucky few. They do often air lock between the pistons, but you simply unbolt it and move it around.
The CBR calipers, like any bike part, aren't cheap here :(
If I do a brake upgrade, it'll be involving a set of late model forks with radial mounting.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, tried out the old light with the new tail and belly.
Fucked if I know what one I prefer

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
That looks sexy. What tail unit is that?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Finally got the bike up to the workshop, been sitting unloved in my garage for fuck knows how long

Made a dummy subframe so I can get the geometry sorted, am happy with how the tail sits.
Will be a little unorthodox in the subframe design department... but that's a story for when that happens.

Not much extreme stuff has happened on it so far, just trying to be logical and plan things, and balance my spare time between the two bikes and other projects. TOO MANY FUCKIN PROJECTS!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Rebuilt the forks, fitted with racetech valving from a set of forks I scored off a race bike and of course the polished adjusters were fitted, because I am a slut for that shit.

Doing things a little pedantically at the mo, everything has to be assembled once and assembled right, seeing as it has already been dummied up :D

Will start on the front brakes and fork clamps tomorrow.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Oh, some things happened last week or two
Made a subframe to be used as a jig for a pro-welder mate
Made a new loom for it
Finished the speedo setup
Did some stuff and things.

Then polished the headers on the daily whip, some pickling paste of some sort from a mate sorted the stained stainless out thumbup you can see the little red slut in that first pic

I suck at updates

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice bike - well done on the project!

This build is being featured in the BikeBuilds.net directory here: dirtydoogle's ZZR600

We're currently displaying only a reduced-size photo (similar to what you'd find in Google Images). *We'd like to ask for your permission to publish the original full-size image with your build listing.

If anyone would like to have a build of their own listed, just send me a message with a link to the build thread and we'll take care of the rest.

Ken

·
Registered
1 Posts
More progress, got the USD front end today, it bolts straight on. Just use ZZR bottom bearing and the ZXR or ZZR top bearing, then use the nuts from the ZZR steering stem. Modified the steering lock and stop (cut them up)

Threw the shock and linkage on the "new" frame. pulled them back off after the photo to clean them, they were more dirty than a slapper chewing on garbage whilst getting one up her hind-quarters.

Painted the bar clamps, will paint the triple clamps when I get the top one machined so it has no ignition holder etc.

I got 90 zx600d and been try to change the forks and bars forever now is it a bolt up swap I would really like to know
Thank you

121 - 138 of 138 Posts