Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
Are you rockin USDs or standard forks mate?
I've yet to find any with standard forks, but badly want to myself. Many have done it on their USD-forks however.
I guess a custom yoke would be the simplest way to go, as you can make the bottom triple wide enough so there'd be
room to attach them to. In terms of material, I've seen people use metal but I'd like to go something like a G10 or FR-4 epox pipe.
No luck finding anyone who'd cut it for me locally though. Plus, at the moment my top triple has little option for attaching it anywhere

Let us know if you come up with anything!

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Per PM conversation, XJ forks are weakly sprung damper rod shit, skinny and flexible, leave you with an ugly heavy skinny wheel, and shit single opposed piston brakes. Just change the lot, you'll be glad you did.

·
Fighter 4 Christ
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you rockin USDs or standard forks mate?
I've yet to find any with standard forks, but badly want to myself. Many have done it on their USD-forks however.
I guess a custom yoke would be the simplest way to go, as you can make the bottom triple wide enough so there'd be
room to attach them to. In terms of material, I've seen people use metal but I'd like to go something like a G10 or FR-4 epox pipe.
No luck finding anyone who'd cut it for me locally though. Plus, at the moment my top triple has little option for attaching it anywhere

Let us know if you come up with anything!
just figured i'd tap into my existing trees. its a 79 xs650 special im building up ever so slowly. there once was a maker but he has since stopped making.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts