Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Young at heart, and body
370 Posts
I used a go pro mount for my speedo previously and, IMO, I wouldn't recommend it. I got sick of the vibrations after a week of riding with it. and I had two mounts that came off of my top triple holding it on. I never through it was going to fall off by any means but I didn't like it shaking while I was riding - just bothersome.

·
Righteous!
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ingenious repurposing!
Hope the speedo doesn't go flying. Not to be a downer, but I'm not sure the mount is cut out for the weight & vibration combination.

That's the spirit though!
Surprisingly it's a very light gauge cluster. When I first got it out my reaction was " holy shit batman!!" I added a very "tight" zip tie on the bottom sticky pad thing for added safety and now there's no vibration at all. Reads perfect!

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Try using lock tight on threads first.or maybe straight ol PL and it will never come loose!

I dont think it vibrating has anything to do with how tight the hardware is. I think if it were to vibrate around it would have more to do with the material used and the design of the mount. Looks like it works well for one guy and not well at all for another. Again, this probably has a lot to do with the materials used(like the gauges and how heavy they are) more than anything. I guess if you have a mount laying around or dont mind investing a few dollars in one then it could be an excellent option with little work needed. Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts