Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever built one or know of any plans floating around for one. I was thinking about just buying one, but I'm tight on funds ATM and I'm probably not going to use it much. I am buying a 1996 Gsxr 1100. Needs a good washing. The only time I'm going to use the ramp is to load it, take it to the wash, unload then reload, then unload at home.

I may use it in the future, but the future is a 5" suspension lift, with a 3" body lift and there is no way in hell I'm going to be loading it up in that fucker. So in the meantime something cheap and sturdy enough to hold my 300 lb ass plus the 500 lb Gsxr.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
just get some of these sense you arent using it often, They just bolt to a piece of 2x6 or whatever size you want, that way when you lift your truck you can just get a longer piece of wood. You can get a set of 2 of them for like $15 usually

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have used (for over 10 years now) the same straight aluminium ladder with some plywood cable tied over the rungs. Nice and cheap, wider than a plank of wood and you can use it as a ladder as well.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Back up to a ditch/big curb/hill... have friend help lift or just use a plain board.

PS... a tie down from whatever ramp you use to the hitch/bumper will keep it from moving.... especially if you use one of those metal-bracket-on-end-of-board things.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think I may try and rig something up this weekend. But strapping it to the hitch is genius. Didn't think about that.

But everywhere in going doesn't have and hills or ditches. And I don't have any friends or anyone free to help lift it. So it'll be something I have to do myself. But I have some scrap steel and extra supplies I'll see what the best thing I can make this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts