Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Djryanrhymes' 97 GSXR750 - Official Buildoff Thread

ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN HERE!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
That is a sick bike son, I love the headlight and the subframe.

The can is neat, too. It looks sorta like the new GSXR1000 Mufflers but better. Probably sounds better too.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
You gotta give us heads up on how you made your headlight and subframe btw, we're all dyin to know.

I like the headlight, I wanna do something similar (with a completely obscure, bizarre headlight though)

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Man, I think Skr00ze started a trend, we have gotten a few people here from cycleforums now. Welcome man. Keep up the good work!

·
GURU
4,412 Posts

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
yeash, item located in Tokyo Japan... Hate to see the shipping on that one.

·
90 Posts
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Yes, the head light is the one from ebay. No I'm not on Ground Pilots.

For all the details on the build check out my build thread on Cycleforums at:
http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=251073

I will be keeping that thread updated with my build progress. I will also periodically be adding picks to the CustomFighters Buildoff thread. I would like to have a build thread here as well but maintaining two threads can be a bit of a pain. Regardless, CustomFighters is where I'll be hanging out for now on. Way more useful info here. Not to mention the people here. Most people on CycleForums didn't like the non-tail section on my fighter. I like it.....

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
project is going very well. good thread too. keep us posted.

·
90 Posts
Thanks. She's getting painted and the wheels powder coated this week. The end is almost in sight. Only things left are:
wire up lights
customize seat
install front brake line
make a license plate bracket
install a couple small bling items
Polish her up!

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Hey Man,
I reall ylike tehlevers yo got on there. Are those one off? If not where did yuo get 'em?

Fuck I like the seat are the nay sayers nutzo? You bikes tight man. Keep it up.

Let me know about the levers if you could. Grips look killer as well.

Wish could find shit like that over here. I got to one off custom build everything. Would be nice to buy at least one item instead of design and make.

I hate this site..it makes me want to move back home more and more ha ha ha.

·
90 Posts
90% of the parts I buy are from ebay. The grips I ordered directly from SP Fight-Machine (my fav) from Germany.
Head light - Thailand
Hugger - Portugal
and so on...
I find the shipping from the US into Canada takes the longest. Sometimes it even costs more it I get charged with brokerage fees.

·
90 Posts
Scrapyard said:
Roughly how much did the grips run you once they got shipped over? I've been thinking of ordering a set myself.
Grips delivered were $110USD. You can also get them from streetfighterstore.com but their prices are jacked.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Hey good to see you made it to this site, another fellow watercooled gixer rider.

the bikes comming on nice

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
I like the decals, its a real tasteful use of chrome, any planned for the headlight?

·
90 Posts
Hey thanks, Candyman. Ya, I do have more of the decal to apply. There's enough for the front fender, headlight, and rad fairings. I just don't want to over do it, thus making it "untasteful".

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
bike is coming along really nicely. shame about the seat tho.... you coulda done that yourself and saved the $30.

oh well.

whered that seat covering guy go to ??

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Yeah that res is fucking sweet!. I like the seat concept and triangle piece you did. I would pry the staples out underneath the seat and redo it tighter. I think you might be able to make it look better than the upholsterer did.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts