Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I've had the bike for 12 month and just abused it for the last year so I thought it was about time I gave it some tlc.
Here's how it's been for last year

Well my first issue was this in a near brand new tire which couldn't be repaired because of a previous repair :-(

So new tire again

Then I made an effort to improve looks a little

I'm not sure how durable it's going to be on my foot peg hangers as they were already worn as fuck off my boots but I thought I'd give it a try.
Then I thought sod it carry on

And that's how it looked then I thought hmmm more to do

After a test spray on the wheels the paint reacted so I had to rub it all off! By hand what a Ball ache

Then started to paint

[IMG]https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/23/d61343a301c953bf315bb2338bf43afe.jpg[/IMG]
And this is how it sits today

I need to remove the over spray on tire wall and today's job is to sand/prep the front wheel. Will update later with progress

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks buddy I gave up on the front wheel last night late on. Gunna hit it again today and hopefully get it painted tonight then hopefully it will be back on the road and I can order some more parts :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this front wheel isn't playing ball at all, in retrospect I should of took them in to be sand blasted to remove all the paint but I didn't want the bike off the road for that long due to it being my only transport, so I thought I'd use this flexi - dip just spray on and off I pop! But no the old paint on the wheels reacted with the dip. The rear doest look that bad and I can put up with it for a couple months until I get some free time to do them again properly but the front I'm thinking it's going to be terrible :-( I suppose I've only got myself to blame for being impatient.
That's about 3 coats

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
And here's the bad

I wasn't going to post that last picture but I think it's part of my journey and a real learning curve. So I will have to run it like this for a couple of weeks then I will redo them in a gloss white finish I think
That sucks, you said it was flexi-dip paint? Is that like plastidip? I've had poor experiences with that stuff too, it's pretty far from the wundercoat everyones seems to think it is, i honestly don't get it.

Anyway, i've not tried this myself, but a trick i've heard of for "masking" tyres when spraying hubs is the playing card technique:

Just wanted to suggest it for you if you are doing a do-over in the future!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers fella yeah it's the same thing as plasti dip and your right it isn't all it's cracked up to be. Next time I do the wheels I'm just going to sandblast them and then paint properly, thanks for the tip pal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New front sprocket I'm waiting to fit I just need a new chain and rear sprocket now I'm just not sure what rear to get

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just inspecting my new sprocket and noticed this
looks like it's been dropped at some point will this affect the item? Should I claim it back through PayPal.

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
That minor indent wouldn't hurt anything. Good that the seller offered a replacment

1 - 20 of 83 Posts