Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
i wear gear all the time.

timbos
jeans
jacket or armor
gloves
helmet.

im considering getting some protective pants or jeans as well.

does anybody have these? or have tried these??

draggin jeans?kevlar pants? etc

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
lol..dunno if i consider Tims and jeans gear..

I usually wear what 929_adam has except when i am going on a long 300+ mi day or a planned fast day...then "FULL" gear...

I have heard those draggin jeans are better then regular jeans but not as good as riding pants....

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
BigRed875 said:
lol..dunno if i consider Tims and jeans gear..

I usually wear what 929_adam has except when i am going on a long 300+ mi day or a planned fast day...then "FULL" gear...

I have heard those draggin jeans are better then regular jeans but not as good as riding pants....
so do you have riding pants??? if so do you like em??

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
929_adam said:
so do you have riding pants??? if so do you like em??
i have 2 pairs...bot joe rocket textile ones.. one is like wearing snow pants..lol hot as fuck but good in cold weather...and the other zip into my jacket and have knee pucks..they are ok...both kinda big on me... very comfortable on long days...under armor underneath and you can ride all day in the summer and still be ok...

once i drop a couple lbs I plan to get a nice 2 piece leather suit and get rid of the textile

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
BigRed875 said:
once i drop a couple lbs I plan to get a nice 2 piece leather suit and get rid of the textile

oOoOooh dont forget to post pics! ;)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
>< close last night...no batteries in the camera..lol i suck at life

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I try to wear full gear whenever I'm riding, but if it's REALLY hot, I sometimes lose the jacket and pants.....

.....of course, I do where other pants on those days!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Longrider said:
Full gear always - I value my skin too much. :D

I also wear custom made earplugs - even my Schuberth helmet, which is one of the quietest on the UK market gives a noise reading of over 90db(A) at much above 30mph.

im with you on the skin part.

ive never worn earplugs tho...it really doesnt seem that loud to me. maybe its all the rock and roll music shows ive been to? :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
You may find this discussion over at the UK Bike Forum interesting. Most of the respondents advocate using them. A couple choose not to, despite the evidence. Their choice, of course. Providing people have the information, what they do with it is up to them. If you asked me, my advice would be to fork out and get custom made ones as they fit properly and provide a seal that the throwaway ones can't guarantee.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i always (99% of the time) wear my jacket, helmet,gloves.. and i where boots a good rides..

ear plugs are supposed to cut down on fatigue while riding.. something with the strain on the body through the ears..

when i ride for over 2-3 hrs my right ear bothers me a little (that is the side the exhaust is on ;) )

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Longrider said:
If you do it for long enough, eventually, it will stop bothering you... :D
That's like this kid I knew with a WICKED loud stereo in his car. It could EASILY damage someones ears, and we used to tell him that all the time. His response, "It used to hurt my ears, but it doesn't anymore..." LOL! What an idiot!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts