Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'd like to ask for recommendations for boots and jackets, specifically boots which look similar to Doc Martens or army Para boots. While Doc Marten do biking boots now, something which is ideally CE approved for safety (and the Doc riding boots cost quite a lot!)

I'm also looking for a mainly black jacket with dark red on, in leather or textile, and recommendations here would be appreciated too :)

Here are my favourites so far, so you have an idea of what I have in mind :)

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Bloody hell need a roommate that's some top notch gear
I prefer alpinestars and I have heard good things about spartan leathers
The most important thing is proper fit the best gear in the world won't do any good if I comes off in a crash try them on if you can make sure it fits.
Welcome to cf
Rw

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
I am one of those assholes who rides in skate shoes. Full helmet, jacket, pants everything but then wear skate shoes, I have a very stubborn right ankle after breaking it riding dirt and only wearing a cast for 3 weeks before cutting it off and strapping it into a boot for a race when i was 17 so it doesnt like to be held into a boot. BUT if I had to choose I say the first boot and the middle jacket.

·
probly wreck it
49 Posts
I can recommend the Furygan jackets, they arent as well known but are a top quality brand. They arent as ubiquitous as Dainese on the road (or in stores to try on) but they also arent typically red, either. Mines been slid down the road twice and its still in decent shape. Wolf and RS Taichi are a couple other high quality less-known brands you could look at. Go leather FTW on whatever you buy, its much tougher.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
I can recommend the Furygan jackets.
^Same, really top-notch stuff. I have loads of Furygan gear, it's great.

Edit, if you go for some older stuff on ebay, also budget in upgrading the armour, they used to use this shaped foam sheet stuff which doesn't conform well to body shapes. But the new stuff usually has this D30 armour stuff which is great.

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
I had a low speed low side last year at the track. Speed and strength leather pants. Joe rocket jacket, alpine stars gloved and icon vented riding boot. Eveything did its job. The boots are prolly near gone but I still wear them for when I ride but plan to walk a lot. Just buy gear that fits and you don't mind wearing. If you hate the fit you're not going to wear it either.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
740 Posts
For general street riding, to me any securely fitting over the ankle boot is fine, so it won't fly off if you hit the ground. Most armored/buckle boots I've tried are just too clunky and stiff to wear out on the bike all day or walk around in. Any number of regular combat/tactical or work boots

I mostly just wear my Georgia logger style work boots on the bike. The tall heels let me flatfoot my bike since I'm a short ass, good ankle support, and they're all leather. They're gore-tex, so not overly hot in summer and short of a prolonged downpour will stay dry. There's a little scuffing and wear on the left toe from the shifter but no big deal.

Leather is best for protection, but if you live in a warm-to-hot climate, you might want to think again. It won't help at all if you don't wear it because it's too hot for the jacket, where a mesh is far more tolerable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all your replies everyone :)

For general street riding, to me any securely fitting over the ankle boot is fine, so it won't fly off if you hit the ground. Most armored/buckle boots I've tried are just too clunky and stiff to wear out on the bike all day or walk around in. Any number of regular combat/tactical or work boots
^ I tried on the Dainese Anfibio boots today - they look amazing, but the top of the heel protection rubs on my ankle on my right foot - so pinched when I walked in them.

The rest of the boot was very comfortable indeed, but I won't buy them because of the above issue. A pity really!

I'll get some black German Para boots in the next few days, for reasonable protection, until I hunt down more CE approved cafe boots :)

Re Furygan I love that jacket, and Furygan have a top rating in the UK Ride magazine. That plus a CE level 2 back protector insert = good enough for me :)

As some of you have said, fit is very important, so I'll try stuff on over the next month or so.

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts