Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
looks a bit old but for sure not milky.

you would know if it was milky because it for sure looks like a milk shake

took a second look and the second pic looks a little off imo... can you but it in a clear container near some light?

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pale pic was taken with the flash on, I think that's why it looks like that. Its fairly new, yes but this is also my stunt bike so its over 200 degrees almost always

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
well there you go... no milk shakes :)

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
That's not milky.

If you want to really see what watery oil looks like - pour some faucet water on the oil you have just dumped out, and then take a look at it after it's mixed a bit. Once you see that kind of "milkshake" oil - you won't mistake it ever again.

I was looking at this older Silverado a few years back, and the guy showed me the oil from it - it distinctly looked like chocolate milk.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looks fine to me. Oil that's gotten extremely hot can sometimes look like that, the anti-foam additives get broken down and it gets frothy.

If in doubt put a sample in a clear container and let it sit for a while. If it separates then you'll know.

·
8 Posts
Not milky... Second pic looks that way but the whole photo looks washed out due to the flash or lighting giving it a somewhat milky look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts