Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of questions about dogbones and such since I've been a member, so here is a drawing I did today to simplify the "process of manufacturing" and to give the newbies a basepoint to work off. This is more directed at the Suzuki line, but I'm sure you can use it on others.

These are the ones I had machined for my 97 Gixxer 1100, feel free to steal the picture and use it for yourself. Stay tuned because I will show you how to change your dogbones, STEP BY STEP....

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ACK...turns out I took a wrong measurement and made mine WAY to short, that picture though is EXCELLENT to use as dogbones for you Busa....extend them another inch to use on your Gixxer...

This is postponed until I get the right ones done ...

·
Registered
526 Posts
CdnStreetfighter said:
Gotcha....I'm on it like white on a goose.
What if its a grey goose?....or what if iv just been drinking grey goose?

·
410 Posts
haelo said:
Like white on Jenna Jameson?
how about like me on Jenna Jameson???:D

I made mine out of some 1/2" steel stock from Home Depot. Took the origional ones off and added 1 1/2" to it. But that was when I lowered my bike for the drag strip. Also lowered the front in the tubes...I was only about 1/2" off the ground with my fairings!! Felt real funny to ride!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Speaking of raising my bike, I'm back to stock heighth now... pothole bent the fuck out of my custom dogbone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts