Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 140 of 241 Posts

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Carb is clean and reassembled, ignition coil will be in my mailbox tomorrow.

Damn, wish I had the engine mounts done. I'd kick it to life with the frame sitting on the ground if I had to lol.

·
Administrator
50,493 Posts

Damn, wish I had the engine mounts done. I'd kick it to life with the frame sitting on the ground if I had to lol.

You be a good man to do that Deen !

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts

Toss a lower rear mount bolt in it, a strap around the engine to hold it in place, and fire it up! That thing is unkillable, just make it beat a hole in the concrete pad on idle, it gives no fucks.

You gotta understand that before I got my hands on a 2007 Ninja 650R, that engine in a GS500E frame was going to be the "ice training" bike for abusing sportbike geometry in a way that coaxes the absolute limit out of a bullet proof engine on a regular basis, from over revving downshifts to being run on its side as I pick myself up and walk over to the bike, that engine was chosen for a purpose. It doesn't care. About anything.

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Toss a lower rear mount bolt in it, a strap around the engine to hold it in place, and fire it up!
The thought occurred to me.......

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Oh yes, this will work. This will work just fine. Tuck the coil up in the back bone, mount the battery below it. The fatbob tanks sandwhich it all. Electrical controls are a mere couple of switches on the tank panel, so all you see is a rolling bike with hand and foot controls, nothing more.

This will look bare bones as fuck.....I like it!

Attachments

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
Because this guy has room to talk...... :oops:

Are you referring to the turbo bike? Because that's the only one that has taken forever. The obscene amount of shit I build or work on isn't nearly worth posting about... though I do have pictures of a great deal of it on my computer. ;)

I've been giving Dean shit about finishing a bike since his Sabre (loooong time ago). So it's not like I'm being a dick about it, fuck sake man, I gave him the 400 engine and all associated stuff for free. If I was actually being rude he'd tell me to fuck right on off. :D

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Dude, its OK to take a year or six to get a roller... just don't expect anybody to understand or comment meaningfully on your styling choices until the whole thing is largely together, because nobody can imagine what you have in your mind.

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
I've been giving Dean shit about finishing a bike since his Sabre (loooong time ago).
Where does everybody think the thread title came from? :LolLolLolLol:

121 - 140 of 241 Posts