3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
A little playing around to see how things would sit. I like it so far

Attachments

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I'll admit, I really don't hate the Fatbob tanks like I thought I would. Actually a very nice side profile. You gonna money them as close together/narrow as possible?
That actually IS as close as they get. They're tied right to their mount points in that pic

That rear tire :D
#ratfighter

·
UnicycleMode
7,567 Posts
That rear tire :D

:LolLolLolLol:

Lumpy, when you wanna change that thing out I've got a nice 130/16 here that was intended for it, but I didn't have the bead breaker bolted to the shop floor yet so it didn't get done. Bring it out and I'll make sure it's sorted with a new tire. Had a guy swing by and get a nicer 16 put on his Shadow 1100, I kept the old Dunlop that came off his bike since I tend to find use for old tires instead of just paying disposal fee's. ;)

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Something about this thread makes me not able to type. :money:

I wasn't trying to bang on your tanks. I dig 'em, just didn't realize they sat that far apart. Does anything go in between them?
I didn't take it as a bash at all. That gap is like my ex wifes pussy. And the pics kind of hide where they're being held up at. The front bottom mounts in teh pictures are actually right at the mounts I intend to use on the frame. I intend to make a panel similar to the original harley panel to cover the gap on the tanks. I kinda still want to mount the gauges there, but now that the tanks are sitting in place, I realize how low they sit, and that the backbone of the bike is right there. I may or may not still mount the gauges there, they'll be sitting up above the tank looking like velocity stacks or something. Might not be so pretty.

I was trying to avoid mounting gauges on the bars, but it might need to happen anyway....

Worst case scenario, I grab the headlight bucket and flyscreen from a Buell Blast. Then I got the bucket to mount 6v headlight in, and I've got a place to hide the gauges behind, and it'll look halfway decent.

EDIT. Just looked up Blast parts, realized the flyscreen was remote mounted, not attached to the headlight

·
V four honda whore
12,321 Posts
Fuck yeah. He made more progress than me in a year

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Scored some VN750 wheels with brand new tires. Date codes are only a couple years old, rubber is still extremely pliable, the rims match, and I just went from a 18/16 combo to a 19/15 combo. More of that chop look!

Did a quick test fit. Perfect!

Now come daylight, aka after work, I'm gonna see how well the VN wheel fits the GS forks. Supposedly both are 15mm axles...... Gonna see if the caliper lines up to the rotor or not

Attachments

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
First package is out for delivery. I ordered 2 sets of engine mount bolts (the long ones) with the frame plates. Need to get the engine and frame up on a table, and I can start working on mounting it!

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Trying to do more, but I need to get the toolboxes to storage, and a workbench. I have zero desire to do this shit on the ground anymore.

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
WOOHOO! UPGRADES!

Not for the bike though. Scored the red combo for 100 bucks the other day. Yes, it's Harbor Freight, but previous owner did the same reinforcing I would have. And it was 400 bucks of storage for 100. Now that that's in place, I need to finish reorganizing the tools, and get the clips to put shelves in the cabinet. The new height of everything mandated drastic rearranging of everything. I don't mind. Gives me a chance to buy some new organizers, clean up the boxes better, etc.

Anyone local got a bench I can get? Looking for something 30"x8' or. Most of what I've found on craigslist has been too pricey, or they never respond.

Attachments

·
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
For a doomed to fail thread you sure are killing it in here.
The more I poke fun at my past failures, the more I wanna finish this one lol.

It also helps I've spent the last year and a half or so finally settling my shit down, trying to put myself back together. Steady job, added a part time job on top of that a couple months ago, still working side jobs when they come up, I've got a decent apartment, I've got a routine, and for better or worse life is moving along.

141 - 160 of 241 Posts