Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 470 Posts

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ummm ok... So I bought this really cool unique looking naked bike, then found out it was more common than fleas on a gorillas nut sack... om nom nom nom! Crashed it once or twice, and landed up here on CF?!? Go figure=] So the journey continues - hopefully on a sick looking little Honda - to a place called Fat Fred's Amputee Strip Club :shocker:

I got her all yellow and standard, but have no pics of that big bowl of custard, so this is essentially what I'm starting with...

·
Over Stimulated
87 Posts
Re: (oh shit, not another) Project Hornet!

Thats an odd looking sub frame. It will be interesting to see what you come up with and real concept of the plastic yet?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts

what you need plastics for? just keep stripping! :D

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks dude :rock: It might take a while as she is my only mode of transport for now, but I got plenty ideas - no matter how mad they are - and very limited funds. Took a look at the late Greencheezeeta's Z, and am all starstruck and inspired and shit... Would have loved to have chatted to him!

·
The Black Arm-y
2,477 Posts

^He is a legend and a treasure here at CF, not to mention a driving force for most of us.

And his Mom is awesome and a member here as well.

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Okay, so I have had to rethink my entire project coz I need to get my ass back on the road! :doh: Wish I had some other wheels! But hey, I have a few new ideas and getting back on the road means I will be able to make more money to put towards

my build, so watch this space!:rock:

·
9 Posts

Man I love those Hornets, i just wish they were injected. I almost bought one from a buddy who owns the local Honda dealer but ended up with an f4i to strip. Good luck with the build.

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

FUCK YEAH!!! :evilred:

1 and a half years down the line and I finally get to start my project for real! I bought myself a little 200cc motard run around, and have taken my baby and began butchering her fat ass...

I have taken pics and will be posting them shortly :thumbsup:

·
Loop'er
16 Posts

well you sorta have the shape of my 636 tail goin on, just make it as thin as possilbe. I would think about running integraded LED strips once you get an undertail figured out. I would start looking into as much fiberglass work as i could if i were you. Thats what ive been up to lately. Get that subframe looking like a prison shank brah!

·
Loop'er
16 Posts

now that i look back at that side pic of your seat without the plastic.......

Can you find access to a welder? Where your subframe does its final bend, cut it and reweld it so it goes out at the same angle as the piece under the riders seat. Obviously the mounts under the passenger will have to be chopped. catchin my drift? (if no access to a welder use scrap metal plates and bolts to connect.) Im just trying to think how your gonna make it slim enough to get that thin look without a lot of curves in your future undertail.

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I have thought about re-angling the frame to expose more of the under tale, but I don't know how to weld for shit dude :doh:

Also, I have to try and keep her as functional as possible, coz she is essentially going to be a 2 up machine which would make comfort over longer distances (rallies) and high speeds (breakfast runs) pretty important.

·
XtremeNoObie
20 Posts

You're a few steps ahead of where I'm headed in my project, but I can't seem to get up the nerves to cut like that. I feel the same way with the options and welding. Best thing I found is to write down the ideas list, draw/sketch/photoshop (none of which I can do very well/at all), research what others have attempted, and if needed ask for a consensus. That being said, it's your project and you should do anything you think will make you happy.

BTW I like what you started with. It looks like it's a great base for change without tons of stuff in the way. Maybe that will be my 2nd project if I ever complete the first.

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Dude, my ideas list has ideas! I have just got way too many, but I think maybe a few sketches and some photohsop might be the way forward.

As far as the cutting is concerned - just fucking do it! Like you say, whatever makes you happy. Nothing a bit of fiberglass (which I know NOTHING about) can't fix. And welding? Just ask a mate, or maybe the guys in the forums can suggest someone that does a good job in your area.

Have fun dude, and good luck:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts

Building a fighter requires wife support. Building a surprise single seater without a second bike to share may end up in the necessary divorce ;)

1 - 20 of 470 Posts