Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its been a while since I last did anything meaningful on my bike, and to be honest, she had been really neglected of late. Tough times blah blah blah, shut the fuck up and DW!

Stripped her down again and one of the first things I see is this...

This is my radiator coolant.

Still with the cooling system, and we have this slimy build up. What the fuck?

Two of my exhaust ports have got these white specks in them and I'm not too sure what to make of it. I had trouble with these two cylinders when I was trying to start my bike, so chances are they're a result of something else that's wrong?

Any suggestions on what's going on here?

Anyways, it hasn't all been bad. I have extended my tail piece to include the somewhat modified side covers, which is the first modification to the rear. New ideas have been bouncing around in my head, and the tail is in for a big overhaul!

I have some other things on the go at the moment, but will post again when I have pictures.

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
good to see you back again mate ;)
exhaust port looks fine to me, coolant dont though!!!!
did you have any coolant in that? or was it all water?

·
old fart
3,714 Posts
was it distilled water or out of the tap? that looks like calcification from tap water and the brown coolant might be rust from the water pump. might be a good idea to remove the pump for a quick inspection.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Casey, my build would be meaningless without your insightful input :D and Thanks to you too Jelly. My wet recurring wet dreams about you are really what bought me back, you sexy motherfucker.

The tail is starting to take shape now, and I have a few goodies to pick up from the engineer next week. DW'd more in the last wretched than in the last year!

More to come, bitches!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
me likey that seat unit.......................................A LOT :party-smiley::party-smiley:
+1

looks really really good. are gonna make a seat or use one of those ass pads?

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ass pad for this ass Doc! Tried my luck at making a seat a while back, and the result made me look like a retard with two left hands, so I'm just gonna take the easy route this time.

The tail is really starting to take shape now, and I have also stripped her down to basically nothing again. I wasn't too impressed with the powder coating, so most of it will be redone. Picking up a few bits and pieces from the machine shop next week, and if I'm really lucky, will be sending my headers in for ceramic coating at the end of the month.

This is where I'm at now - basically at the beginning again.

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been busy with the tail again. managed to get it almost even, but there are a few spots that need attention.

Hopefully going to get the seat unit finished tomorrow, and then I can concentrate on the tail piece. Just need to buy more resin to sort that out.

·
Soo FOOKIN close!
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I've been thinking and farting around. Wasn't too happy with the lines of the old tail, as they didn't really match the curves on the tank, so I added some curvy bits...

Throwing around a few ideas on how to finish it off, and I'm thinking of something along the lines of a traditional tail light position.

There is also a possibility of cutting off the side panels, but that would create the need for a new 'showy' subframe. We will just have to wait and see...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts