Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
clean fight
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. im not sure about the rules of this section, but i wanted to show yall this thing im working on- maybe some advice to make it meaner .
started last week, feb 20sumthing- with :

- a pair of hallogen "off road sport lamps" for atv i guess. not dot legal but super bright
&17$ new at the auto parts shop

- a crashed cbr rr nose of fleabay 10$

- an old face-shield for grinding

- aluminum chanel stock cut into little brackets, pop-rivets

- the alum bracket that used to hold the "no parking" sign in front of my house .

Attachments

·
clean fight
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so I chopped the upper part of the cowl where it holds the upper part of windscreen,
and i used those 2 pieces (after a bit of reshaping w dremel and beltsander) as the lower side portions.
i needed brackets that come off the front curve and come around in an angle to point to the clamps that im gonna make on the fork. so i cut up the fiberglass mold id made for my carbon ft fender project- it had just the right curve and angles to match the 2 pieces i patched onto the bottom of the nose.
i heated the bottom area up and bent the stock nose a bit so the lines would flow together and not have the jagged bracket clip thing showing anymore...
put a very thin coat of black on too.
still needs lots o sanding on the crude glasswork. the scraps i used were from the outside of a mold - it wasnt intended to be a part when i made it but hey. waste not...

4th picture is the new carbon screen after trimming to size. still needs some polish and topcoat

Attachments

·
clean fight
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOOKING AT THE THING FRONT ON TODAY I REALIZED JUST HOW CROOKID I MADE IT-
BACK OVER THE STOVE FOR SOME PLASTIC MELTING MASH AROUND!
SEEMS MOSTLY STRAIGHT ENUF NOW, BUT I HAVE TO REDO A BIT OF GLASSWORK AT THE JOIN ON EA SIDE OF THE NOSE-TIP.
BUT I WAS THINKIN-
YA REALLY ONLY LOOKIN AT IT FROM ONE SIDE ER THE OTHER RIGHT?
WHOOS TA KNOW?
didnt see i was typin caps till just now. thats how bad a typer i am. staring at the keyboard!
actually im joking- i got it evened out fine- i guess it had gotten nudged while the epoxy was curing or something. and i dint notice till now- good thing i like doing composite work or id be pretty frustrated now.
but this is what we do right- mess with our bikes untill they turn out how we want em[
thing is i dont really even know how i want it untill ive done some messing w it- so theres alot more intermediate steps than some hobbies.

·
clean fight
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i did some more work last night - just patching up the seam where i put the side panels on to the nose- 2 more layers of thin fiberglass and a buncha epoxy to cover some inconsistancies. give me some body to sand down and smooth..
and i halfassed the mixing. put way too mush hardner agent . its still goo. ive got to get it back off and try again. acetone rags and wirebrush. haha!
but other than that its all good.
exept where i spattered mint green paint from another job on the bodies of the lights, the good thing about black tho is its easy to touch-up and colour match!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts