Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been kicking around ideas in my head about what I want to do with my fighter, some I waffle on and others I know will be part of the finished product. Yeah yeah, I know they're never quite "finished". Something I want to try is a triple stacked headlight, are there any lights out there small enough to facilitate this? It'd be awesome to run 3-5 lights all the way down the front forks to the fender but I'm not even sure that's feasible or safe.

I'm thinking something like this except inverted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same idea. I was wondering about looking around for one of the new Acura RLX headlights off a crashed car and just ripping the lights out and fabbing something up. Not sure how feasible, cost effective, or how quickly I could find a headlight from a brand new car.

·
watches you sleep.
9,118 Posts
I don't think running multiple lights would be unsafe. Harley baggers run 3 headlights. Some sport bikes run what appears to be 4 when the high beams are on. I'm my experience I would consider just buying a set of bi xenons or possibly projectors from a bike. Ive got a set from a newer R6 if you'd be interested. I got them from drjellyfingers but I havent found a use for them yet and itll be a while before I do. Theyre already taken out and ready for modification.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree that projectors are the way to go. Pack a punch in a smaller package. If you have time and skills, check into automobile retrofit projectors. You can pick up 2 pairs for a decent price and with a little know how rig up a bucket and connect right to stock connectors. Try out theretrofitsource.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got a set from a newer R6 if you'd be interested. I got them from drjellyfingers but I havent found a use for them yet and itll be a while before I do. Theyre already taken out and ready for modification.
I appreciate the offer but this project, including gathering parts, won't begin until the new year. I may hit ya up around that time but if you find something better to do with them prior then have at it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, idiot noob question time. Is there any reason why lights cannot be mounted below that horizontal bar midway down the forks? I’m sure that bar has a name but I don't know what it is. I want to call it a triple tree but I'm pretty sure that's the horizontal bar at the top that connects the handlebars to the forks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.