Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been kicking around ideas in my head about what I want to do with my fighter, some I waffle on and others I know will be part of the finished product. Yeah yeah, I know they're never quite "finished". Something I want to try is a triple stacked headlight, are there any lights out there small enough to facilitate this? It'd be awesome to run 3-5 lights all the way down the front forks to the fender but I'm not even sure that's feasible or safe.

I'm thinking something like this except inverted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same idea. I was wondering about looking around for one of the new Acura RLX headlights off a crashed car and just ripping the lights out and fabbing something up. Not sure how feasible, cost effective, or how quickly I could find a headlight from a brand new car.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I don't think running multiple lights would be unsafe. Harley baggers run 3 headlights. Some sport bikes run what appears to be 4 when the high beams are on. I'm my experience I would consider just buying a set of bi xenons or possibly projectors from a bike. Ive got a set from a newer R6 if you'd be interested. I got them from drjellyfingers but I havent found a use for them yet and itll be a while before I do. Theyre already taken out and ready for modification.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree that projectors are the way to go. Pack a punch in a smaller package. If you have time and skills, check into automobile retrofit projectors. You can pick up 2 pairs for a decent price and with a little know how rig up a bucket and connect right to stock connectors. Try out theretrofitsource.

·
BLACK BELT
7,081 Posts
Maybe if you're talking about a supermoto bike with the fender attached to the lower triple. But the single headlight on my bike takes up that much space.

You need clearance for fork travel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got a set from a newer R6 if you'd be interested. I got them from drjellyfingers but I havent found a use for them yet and itll be a while before I do. Theyre already taken out and ready for modification.
I appreciate the offer but this project, including gathering parts, won't begin until the new year. I may hit ya up around that time but if you find something better to do with them prior then have at it.

·
☢
5,596 Posts

ebay specials. the red are fog lights, the blue are driving lights. i'd recommend getting lights that use the replaceable H3 bulb over the one piece bulb and reflector.

or look into piaa driving lights, the 1100x's are very compact, and come in led now too. but they're $300 a pair.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, idiot noob question time. Is there any reason why lights cannot be mounted below that horizontal bar midway down the forks? I’m sure that bar has a name but I don't know what it is. I want to call it a triple tree but I'm pretty sure that's the horizontal bar at the top that connects the handlebars to the forks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts