Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN:

DougZ's 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 600 fighter " The Beast" Discussion

Just figured I'd get this thread started...even though aint nuttin being done till after new year. :rock:

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: DougZ's 01 Gix 600 fighter

I'll upload all the pics of the parts for you guys later. Being that the whole thing in pieces, not too exciting yet.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Here ya go ya whiny bastids:

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

g-style street-fighter said:
Lookin good!! come on Jan 1st!!!

:cfrocks: :cfrocks:

G.
I hear that. I can't bring a bike into the house until after the holidays...so I can't wait for Jan 1.

fslflint said:
wanna send one of those sets of forks ove my way.... I need something to put in a set of custom tripples that I wanna make.
I may a spare set of 01 GSXR 600 forks left when I am done, but one tube is bent a hair. I will have spare tripples too.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

enrico vespa said:
Doug, you know of anyone that anodizes forks on the cheap over in Jersey? It's going to be my forks and rear sprocket in gold.
I don't know anyone myself..but PM Stranger over on SVR...he had his done before his crash..I am pretty sure...I know Nudist did too.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I also started a webpage to keep track and host the pics of my bike projects, including the street fighter project. Link in my sig area.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well, now the holidays are over and I can get the bike(s) in the house to start working on them. :rock:

Check the webpage I started, link in my sig, and click on Street Fighter page to see the progress. I am planning this week to start working on the bodywork parts and get things lined up for the motor rebuild...this is gonna be a big project, although low budget. LOL

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: DougZ's 2001 Suzuki GSX-R 600 fighter

I added "Beast" to the title of this thread, as I am naming my project, the Beast. I will be heavily modding my SV1Ks at the same time, and aptly named it Beauty.

Get it, Beauty and the Beast.

Check out the web page below.

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mock up has started. ..the beast is coming alive...2001 Frame, 2001front end, both 600's and a 2004 Gix 1000....yeah baby, just cause I can. I threw it all together tonight just so you people could see it. :cfrocks:

Discuss in the discussion thread,linked in first post!

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good news...Just got the word back from my cop friend...good to have those, he checked the frame Vin number and its good. came up as not listed, which means, not stolen. Woo Hoo.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Started polishing the frame this weekend. What a PIA.I need to get some of that aircraft stripper...its taking way too long to try and sand off the coating from the aluminum. This is going to take a while, that is for sure. It doesn't look tits yet, cause I am only working with three grits of sandpaper, and I know I need a lot more, but I am an impatient basterd. LOL

PS, I have no idea why the pics are looking like that with the green line thing..they uploaded fine, but coming up like that.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some work this weekend:

The last is me finally putting the sheet metal to my chopped subframe. I still have a couple hours worth of shop work to do, to make the custom bottom struts....but that wil be a couple weeks away. Gives me time to mold in the taillight I have decided to use for this project.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, I have been on here for a while now, and the last pics I ever showed anyone of anything, was basically a pile of parts on my spare room. I have slowly but surely, been working all along, making a little progress at a time. I would rather take forever, and have the bike be done the way I want, than rush it and make a pile of shit. I am skimpy on some things, like painting a lot of parts as opposed to powder coating them, but just cause I still have a fricken mortgage to pay. LOL

I specifically wanted to to get these pics up, just cause someone.....Gixxer_KH, mentioned in his thread( 750 paint thread)mentioned about doing a partially painted and partially polished frame...I have been working on this frame for months...again, a little at a time. This will be the last part I ever polish....myself, in my life. LOL I just didn't want anyone to say I was biting off his style... but then again, I always say, "Its all been done, by someone else before".:rock:

The polishing is not perfect...but I got it to a point where its good enough to get the rolling chassis together . I was under the crunch to get the frame done and painted, before it got too cold out to do it this year. Once the bike is together, I can go back and spif up the polish..if I choose to.

It also shows that I have decided to have a go at making the dirt bike bars work......and the funny plate you see, serves a couple purposes.....support for the now drilled triple, gauge mount, and headlight mounts.

I hope you like what I got going so far....and I still have some tricks up my sleeve....can't reveal everything. :D

Quoted from my sneek peak thread.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bumped cause I will have a rolling chassis together by this weekend. Hopefully pics will follow.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
More updates....got the rolling chassis together today:

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that swingarm looks tits
Thanks Rico.....and those tires, mounted right here in my own damn house....so when you are ready, bring your stuff down and we'll save you some money...especially with the gas mileage you must get in that car of your's. :rock:

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I'll just find a hill, throw into neutral and roll on down..lol

You painted the swinger or powdercoated? I like how that rear shock matches as well, is that stock color?

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll just find a hill, throw into neutral and roll on down..lol

You painted the swinger or powdercoated? I like how that rear shock matches as well, is that stock color?
That is a swingarm from a 2004 GSXR 1000...comes black..although I painted it to clean it up. The stock shock got masked where the spring and threads are, and painted as well.:party-smiley:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts