Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Is it a bored out 650 or did it come 780 from the factory with a 780
Thats a big bore kit they sell. Suzuki did put out the big DR750 and DR800 http://www.suzukicycles.org/DR-series/DR750-800S-Big.shtml Don't think they ever came to the U.S. with that one though?

Side note it almost looks like the frame is cracked at the swinger pivot on the chain side. I'm on a netbook with a tiny screen. These bikes did have problems with that. Any one else think it looks a bit fuckered there?

·
☢
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats a big bore kit they sell. Suzuki did put out the big DR750 and DR800 http://www.suzukicycles.org/DR-series/DR750-800S-Big.shtml Don't think they ever came to the U.S. with that one though?

Side note it almost looks like the frame is cracked at the swinger pivot on the chain side. I'm on a netbook with a tiny screen. These bikes did have problems with that. Any one else think it looks a bit fuckered there?
I thought it was the 800, same displacement and all. Didn't know it was just a big bore kit.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Agreed, they do not pop up on craigslist in my area either. I want to say I remember seeing one recently but I don't really think so.

The company that put out the 780, procycle, has stopped that kit and switched to a 790. I'm trying to resist all urges to big bore my DR, but every time I go to their site it's tempting. The price isn't bad. New sleeve new forged piston gaskets and junk is all under $700.

BUT it's all the other supporting mods like head, carb, cam and so on to make the most of that big displacement motor added to that initial $700 that put me off about that setup.

I'm definitely buying the JE forged high comp. piston from them for mine though, I need to change a leaky base gasket so I figure while I'm in there might as well get a small bump in power. Comp. goes from 8.5:1 (if I remember correctly) to 10:1...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts