Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been driving my Durango GT on the highways near me like I was on the German Autobahn so I’m looking to get some adrenaline out come warmer weather.

WorldWide Technology Raceway (aka Gateway) is 30-ish mins from me. I’ve had my Vmax there once long ago but thinking about making some semi-regular visits this season on my 900RS. I’m not a stranger to taking a vehicle down the strip but really only dipped my toes in.

Right now the only performance mods on the bike are a +1T front sprocket and a flash. Here’s what I’m thinking:
Brackets + front tie down strap Radial Mount Front End Lowering Kit ZX-10R (11-15) / Z900RS/Cafe (18-22) / GSX-R1000 (05-16)
Brocks adjustable lowering link Window Link Kit Adjustable Z900RS / Cafe (18-22)
-1T front sprocket (14T) down from the +1 (16T ) I’ve been running.

I still want to commute on it so I’m not looking to permanently lower it. If all goes well and I keep up with it, I’ve been working on ideas on how to stretch it some. (My mind’s always turning with my bike projects.)

Obviously it’s all about consistency and repetitiveness but I still want to go fast. Lol. Any advice besides lots of seat time?

Later, Doug

· Registered
324 Posts
Probably not what you want to hear, but I'd keep it as close as to what you enjoy riding on the street, and then just bracket race it whenever you get the urge.

If you want to go really fast, I'd look for a used ZX-14.

· Super Moderator
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd look for a used ZX-14.
Yeah….that’s not ever gonna happen. I was thinking with the parts list I put together, I can go back and forth between street and strip within an hour or so.

I still have my moth-balled Prostreet Kz build I need to unwrap if I’d finish my other projects. It should be good for mid-9’s if I ever had the time to get to it.

Later, Doug

Reactions: XxGRYMMxX
1 - 3 of 3 Posts