Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Hello, Chao, Bonjour, Hola!

I'm a newbie here, not only to this forum but any forum! Pls be kind :D

Looking for help, advice and tips with my first build. I have the design in mind ... But first I need it running before I start stripping it to bits.

So far, I've figured out it cranks, start motor works and I've put a multimeter to ignition/coils/pickup/sidestand and I'm getting full voltage readings in a lot of places, however, I'm not getting any neutral light. The bulb is fine. At the moment I'm trying to get this to live, hoping this is the reason why nothing is being fed.

Apologies for the crappy pictures, I'll load more when I'm home but I've only just found this forum and I'm keen to hear peoples advice!

If anyone has a wiring diagram for this model I'd love to see it and work from this, probably handy!!

Also, renew the anime sticker bomb?? Hehe XD

Gesture Art Font Sports gear Carmine

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Auto part Classic
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's so close! I picked up the manual last night, however before I opened it id be told about the safety switch in the clutch.
Had already tested the sidestand but not this! The bikes had a fall on the left side so the lever is snapped. The switch works fine and now it's trying to fire XD just need to charge the battery / buy a new one. Then it's stripping time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is where we're at now ... The strip tease!
Loom and most the other bits have come off, time for a serious clean and replenish.

Does anyone have tips as to the best method for clearing this terrinle paint work off the block?

Any suggestions for the bike / design / things to check would be greatly appreciated.
This is my first solo build XD

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Christmas update:

It's in pieces! Might be an issue with the passenger footpeg holster not being 100% in line - decided to lift the frame off the block as we don't have proper gear and my accomplice is an 80 year old man ... but should pass the MOT XD

Next step, complete clean!

One question:
If I was wanting to change the rim, does it have to be a particular size/width to be accommodated by the swing arm? Obvs the sprocket will have to suit the rim but it needs new sprockets anyway.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
B12 arm is aluminium, quick easy check is a magnet, but looking at your pictures, the arm you have looks to have slots through the box section, B12 arm has proper welded on ends
You're spot on, it's steel. I think it needs replacing though, doesn't look straight from right to left. Good excuse to get a whole back end hehe. Is there a solid way to test if the swing arm is alright?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You're spot on, it's steel. I think it needs replacing though, doesn't look straight from right to left. Good excuse to get a whole back end hehe. Is there a solid way to test if the swing arm is alright?
On some research .... swapping swingarms is a BIG job! Way outside of my capabilities and probably cost with all the tailored modification required. Testing the swing arm first, hopefully it's straight enough to stay on the bike for now, seems like they're pretty tough.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts