Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does the slider on the bandit fork have bushes top and centre ? If the bush was still in when they went for coating, I'd suggest pulling the bushes out and changing them. I use comma brake and clutch cleamer (5 ltr cans) and half a 25ltr plastic jerrycan to wash out into. Works well with general muck and grime. Without the seals in the sliders should slide smoothly and spin without any tight spots or noticable slop. Either is going to be a problem. ANY Scratches on the stauntions will shorten the life of the seals dramtically

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Does the slider on the bandit fork have bushes top and centre ? If the bush was still in when they went for coating, I'd suggest pulling the bushes out and changing them. I use comma brake and clutch cleamer (5 ltr cans) and half a 25ltr plastic jerrycan to wash out into. Works well with general muck and grime. Without the seals in the sliders should slide smoothly and spin without any tight spots or noticable slop. Either is going to be a problem. ANY Scratches on the stauntions will shorten the life of the seals dramtically
The bushes were off when coated and baked. I'll give it a shot with the acetone and a rag/stick set up if I can get the tubes out the stanchions.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Warmth may be your friend. If you can figure out a warm to warm the outers up, particularly at the point that's jammed the ally should expand a little and increase the clearance. It won't be much without getting it hot enogh to strip the powder coat, but it might just be enough. A drop og fork oil might help too ig they're dry. Good luck. New stauntions (Chinese copies) can be had on eBay for about £160

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Had a go at it today and it seems like to be successful, will ahve to wait till they're on the bike to tell for sure but seals and all are in and replaced 👍 hopefully not gonna need to buy new ones!
Had a go at it today and it seems like to be successful, will ahve to wait till they're on the bike to tell for sure but seals and all are in and replaced 👍 hopefully not gonna need to buy new ones!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,806 Posts
coming along nicely Mate. We ought to move this to build threads.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,610 Posts
41 - 59 of 59 Posts