Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got this bike few weeks ago. was gonna be for mark but thats on hold for now so figured id play while i have it :D

heres what it looked like when i brought it home

the guy that had before me plasti dipped some of the plastics and painted some others so i started cleaning it up some

under the plasti dip, the plastics has more paint underneath :headshake but i kinda liked how it looked so i decided to leave it like that for a while, but will prob be stripping the rest off when i get bored of it and get a new graphics kit

still need to replace fork seals, put these fork gaiters on, replace bent brake lever.

been ridding it like this for the past couple of weeks

then yesterday i started getting more parts in. i already had the wheels but needed a cush drive, the spacers, machined down rotor and bearings for the swap. a guy from SMJ hooked it up with rotor, spacers and cush. it was supposed to be a "straight swap" be we all now thats not how it works. angle grinder came out and work was done. im tired of typing so ill let the pics do the rest of the talking

old bearings and spacers out

thats it for now. need chain, rear sprocket and more shit to do but its on its own feet with its wheels spinning and braking.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
rode it today :D

but not all happy dandy, both wheels are dragging so i gotta take everything back apart and try to figure out where its coming from.

it was also super sketchy with this rear tire and the black ice on the ground right now

but was still fun

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oooo,

Thats going to be a fun one.
:thumbsup:

Reactions: DrJellyFingers

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
And I'm in...

in flamboyant style too apparently....

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finished taking the rest of the paint/plasti dip off, me and the dog are also a little high from all the goof off i sprayed inside the house, its too cold to do it outside.

looks much cleaner now if u ask me, just needs a proper shower and should be good. not happening right now tho, just too damn cold

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure your wheel spacers are sized right, especially the one between the hub and rear wheel bearing. Any side load on these bearings will ruin them in short order.
I Think they're good. Theres no play at all. And I started with them being to big and shaved it down little by little until I got it right on

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
If it's not a brake dragging it would have to be in the bearings somewhere. Either a spacer issue or just a bad bearing itself. Leave everything in place like it is now and slack the axle. If it instantly gets free then you know it's most likely an axle spacer issue. Just check for discs rubbing caliper housings first.

I know you've been around bikes long enough to know all this. Sometimes we just overlook the simple stuff. Good luck dude.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty sure the dragging is from the brakes. The new rotors are thicker than the original drz ones so I think the pads just have to Set on rotor right then should get better. I actually had to trim the front ones a bit to get the caliper over the rotor.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gots me a new rear wheel. 10$ :D it cost almost 3 times that to get it shipped to me lol but i needed it cause the one that i had was junk. also got a sweet new rear tire for a NICE price.

put the tire on

pulled the bearings. now i just need to pull the bearings out of the other shitty wheel, put them in this one and go for a real ride

·
Registered
120 Posts
i think i still have my dual caliper bracket laying around somewhere if interested. its for two oem rear calipers. i used with a 1/2" pump on the handlebar. it is made by myself in a crappy manual milling machine so it does not look perfect but it works :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
i think i still have my dual caliper bracket laying around somewhere if interested. its for two oem rear calipers. i used with a 1/2" pump on the handlebar. it is made by myself in a crappy manual milling machine so it does not look perfect but it works :)
it was on my 2008 drz 400 sm. i dont know if there are any differences.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts